Private Tours • Nature & Wildlife Tours
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I was so glad I opted to book a spot with Keith and Sue on their Niue Orientation Tour. The 4 hour trip set me up beautifully, so I could revisit the places I wanted to, over the following days of my stay. Their local knowledge is superb and their style of delivery was relaxed, yet informative all the way. I was able to contact Keith on a daily basis regarding best spots and tide times, which resulted in some superb snorkeling which I could tackle with safety and confidence. A must do I feel for all travelers, so you don't miss out on all those hidden gems which Niue has to offer.Written 12 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a fabulous afternoon we had on the water with Clifford at Niue Wahoo Fishing Charters! He is so professional, knowledgeable and attentive to everyone's needs. I have fished in the south pacific a number of times and Clifford's gear is high quality and well maintained - highly recommend!Written 4 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Skipper Rommie and Jinnam take turn to take out tourist on a boat to scuba dive at certain location. Another world under the deep ocean. Clean equipment often maintained and sterilize after use.Written 25 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A trip that was well worth doing.
We got to see a pod of about 30 spinner dolphins (in the water 2 at a time), and then saw a couple of sharks, a sea turtle and a sea snake while we were snorkelling.
Well run - felt really safe. Even able to hire a go-pro to take under water photos. Take a pen drive with you though, or you will need to buy one from them to take your photos away.Written 26 November 2019
- We had three days out on the boat whale watching with BJ and Ness.
Each day was different and quite magical. The whales decide what your underwater interaction will be and how much they want to show you.
Above water it was so lovely to have a local couple, BJ and Ness, share the history of the island and take us out.
They were super respectful of the whales and this was important to us also.
We will definitely come back for more whale adventures with themWritten 3 September 2023
- Really awesome and slick operation. We did a snorkelling trip and loved it. Right from the start we were fitted with all the gear. They even had prescription masks for me and that is what made it the best experience. I could see!! From being towed beside the boat to see the dolphins to just floating in superbly clear water it was great. Thanks to Adam, Evan and Janna.Written 1 December 2023
- The Humpback whale swimming excursion we went on with BJ and Vanessa from Explore Niue was the absolute highlight of our two week holiday in Niue. The 6 of us had two incredible up-close encounters with a friendly humpback calf, while Mum kept a watch nearby. We also had another in-water encounter with an adolescent, who put on a beautiful ballet for us.
Having swum with humpbacks in Tonga as well, we consider Niue to be the better option. The very deep water so close to shore means that whales are often just a few minutes boat ride away.
A friendly and professional couple, BJ and Vanessa also gave us the opportunity to snorkel along the reef and into a cave for part of the time. - it was great to support a local Niuean owned company.
They also own Tuaga Lodge, located at their base in Alofi.
Highly recommend.Written 18 November 2023
- We had a fantastic time on the rainforest tour with Jack. He has such amazing knowledge of the forest and seeing the huge trees was incredible. He was a lovely host - took his time and happy to answer lots of questions. It was one of the highlights of our Niue trip.Written 18 September 2023
- Our whale swimming trip with BJ and Vanessa from Explore Niue was the best thing we did on our entire two week holiday in Niue. There were 6 of us on the trip, plus BJ and Vanessa. They would suss out the whales location and behaviour, then BJ would get in the water, before giving us the go-ahead to join him if the whales were where he expected them to be - and they usually were.
We were treated to some wonderful close in-water experiences with more than one Humpback mother and calf during our four hour trip. A cruise along the coast to look for dolphins, and a snorkel into a cave filled in some of the down time while searching for more whales.
The best aspect of swimming with whales in Niue - compared to Tonga - is they are often spotted just metres/minutes from the coast - so easy!
Explore Niue can put together the full Niue experience, with their own on-site accommodation - Tuaga Lodge. They also offer fishing charters, Dolphin and snorkel tours, and an introductory Niue island tour.Written 17 November 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Alofi
- These are the best places for budget-friendly tours in Alofi:See more budget-friendly tours in Alofi on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous tours in Alofi:See more adventurous tours in Alofi on Tripadvisor