23 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Matapa Chasm is the northern end of the island and is just beautiful. The photo is what it looks like! Not a hard walk down and well worth it.Written 27 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- ... sandy patches all gone ... down to bare rock ... access only for the agile ... snorkelling still an option though ... the stark beauty of this place lives onWritten 12 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum, although small, is full of Niue culture and artifacts. It's a wonderful place to visit to understand a bit of the culture. An additional plus- the flooring is a work of art.Written 30 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a small but, beautiful island where Captain James Cook decided to land in 1774. There is a sign to mark the spot and you can walk down to see the beach where is was supposed to have actually touched land. Very historical here.Written 2 January 2020
- We went during heavy downfall of rain and it was the best choice as it was dry inside and the rock formations and sea life within the wee pools in the cave were fascinating!Written 31 October 2022
- Some interesting history at this site. Great lookout over the west coast and the wharf (particularly when the container ship is in).
Go and grab a smoothy over the road and sit here and watch the world go by.Written 26 November 2019
- When in Nuie one thing I wanted to do was to experience a church service. We chose the Ekalesia Church, for no particular reason: perhaps we were simply meant to go there. The pride taken in this building and its congregation was clear to see. And to hear those male voices soar so high was remarkable. An absolutely uplifting and invigorating service.Written 4 September 2019
- We managed to see the sign as we passed so where able to have a wee look round at this park. I probably wouldn't make a special trip to go there but is actually quite interesting to see what materials have been used. I can envisage it getting bigger!
If you see it, stop and have a look!Written 27 July 2023
- The whole town turns up to watch and support the rugby boys,a fantastic atmosphere and the rugbys awesome you can see why we get so many players from the Islands!!!Written 17 September 2014
- This is a small shopping center located right at the top of the hill from where you come off the cruise ships tender. There is a small phone store where you can purchase internet at a reasonable price to use while on the island.Written 2 January 2020
- I was so glad I opted to book a spot with Keith and Sue on their Niue Orientation Tour. The 4 hour trip set me up beautifully, so I could revisit the places I wanted to, over the following days of my stay. Their local knowledge is superb and their style of delivery was relaxed, yet informative all the way. I was able to contact Keith on a daily basis regarding best spots and tide times, which resulted in some superb snorkeling which I could tackle with safety and confidence. A must do I feel for all travelers, so you don't miss out on all those hidden gems which Niue has to offer.Written 12 November 2023
- My Friend Wendy and I came here daily after our day of activities. John the owner is the best cocktail maker I've ever come across anywhere in the world. I've been to soo many places and John's cocktails are innovative, very clever and scrumptious. A fantastic place and got to know the locals too who are all soo much fun and soo friendly. This is a must do in Niue daily.Written 4 October 2022
- Hei Niue is a great little simple pamper spot in Alofi where you can rest your feet in a lovely spa bath before a relaxing pedicure followed by gel painted toes which will remind you of your holiday in the sun long after you return home, in my case to a freezing winter!
TaniRose looked after us really well and has some fantastic honey based products for sale too.
Very comfortable chairs and friendly staff makes this a must do if you'd like to put your feet up and unwind during your holiday.
It's situated directly behind the police station in Alofi and you can't miss the big sign painted on the wall.Written 29 June 2013
Frequently Asked Questions about Alofi
- The most popular things to do in Alofi with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Alofi on Tripadvisor
Alofi Attractions Information
|Friday 9:40 pm|