- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The very numerous paintings displayed at the Sapumal Foundation and Gallery date mainly from the second and third quarters of the 20th century. They probably no longer qualify as contemporary art and they probably only illuminate one short chapter in the history of art in Sri Lanka. Nevertheless, they do constitute a significant body of disciplined and sensitive art which reflects the concerns and priorities of both twentieth-century international art and of Sri Lanka artists.
Given that many paintings are attractive, that the visit is free, that the villa in which the Gallery is located is itself a delightful "period piece", that a wide range of paintings are displayed and that the Gallery is rather conveniently located, it is easy to recommend visiting the Gallery to anyone interested in twentieth-century art.Written 2 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Attended an event at the MoMCA, and really enjoyed it.
The art historian/ curator Sharmini gave us a very informative and interactive guided tour. Good to know that the exhibits will be changing every few weeks, and I will be sure to visit again.
Even though its a limited space, there were some iconic and important works on display. Its fantastic to have a Modern Art museum in Colombo.Written 20 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I was visiting Colombo earlier in the year with some of my friends. During my time there, I wanted to buy some art pieces, and I was recommended to visit Saskia Fernando Gallery for looking at some modern Sri Lankan modern art. It was about a 10 minute drive from the Galle Face Hotel, where I was staying. I enjoyed the place very much, it is beautifully decorated, all in white and has some really nice pieces of art there. Highly recommended for those who love art.Written 21 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Colombo
- These places are best for art museums in Colombo:
- The Galleries of Sapumal Foundation
- Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art Sri Lanka(MMCA)
- Saskia Fernando Gallery