- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Not far from Banglamphu, twenty minute walk, maybe, to the King Rama VIII park on the other side... nice to get a bit of space and take in a really impressive bridge...Written 9 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Bhumipol Bridge is a combined bridge connecting Bangkok / Praram3 and Samutprakan /Prapadang. Bridges per se are so impressive in design and construction. Sitting in restaurants under the overpass , looking up , seems like someone drew curvy lines under and over each other, way high overhead us, fantastic masterpiece of mankind, great job indeed. Moreover, under bridges are parks for recreation , nice restaurants, local wet markets and shuttle barge across Chaophya River which is still popular for local people, motorbikes and cars. Even it is still in the suburb of BKK , not very far, ways of livings are different. People are not in rush like central Bkk, lives along the river seem more peaceful with lots of beautiful Wats. Cost of living is lower . recommend to be there in the late afternoon time , having supper along the bank of he river, watching big container ships sailing along, once in a good while, leaving you sooo memorizing feeling. It's cool and breezy also. When getting dark , bridges will be equipped with gorgeous lights. During weekends , BangNum Pung water market is not far away. This market is an interesting place to tour around which might as well worth a good try, cheers.Written 7 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A useful vehicle & pedestrian bridge across the Chao Phraya River connecting Rattanakosin Island to Thonburi on the right bank of the river. It is undergoing renovation with improvement to the steps, the footpaths either side, barriers and cladding on the bridge. Walking up the steps on the Rattanakosin Island side affords a good view of the river, especially upstream to the Rama VIII cable-stayed bridge.Written 30 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This suspended bridge is a part of the new Ratchaprasong Skyline Walk. It was completed in 2017. Escalators connect the bridge to the ground and the BTS lines run over it. I loved the way it connected several shopping centres and the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre. It connects MBK, Siam Square and Siam Discovery which then lead to other malls. The Sky Bridge is beautifully decorated with cute little statues, coloured flooring, stylish umbrellas, plants and interesting seats for the shopping worn customers. There is even a tiny little temple on it. The shoppers can move from mall to mall without facing the traffic or the harsh elements. Ladies with high heals can walk around easily as the flooring is even. I found the concept of a Sky Bridge very people friendly.Written 1 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- As a pedestrian, the biggest challenge is continuing to walk along the river with the unrelenting traffic barring your way. Or you can detour a few blocks into Chinatown to cross safely at a light. The history might interest some, other than that it is a bridge over a river. The park and huge statue between the lanes is pretty bombastic.Written 19 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.