Multi-day Tours • Taxis & Shuttles
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
48 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 48
What travellers are saying
- It was a once in a lifetime experience. Sadly, foreigners have to have a babysitter as to not get gringo priced. We felt like royalty with our guides attention.Written 12 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Cesar gave an amazing and thorough tour of Copán, Honduras and Antigua, Guatemala. I was picked up in a private car and was able to explore so much in a few days time. Cesar had plenty of fresh water available for me throughout my trip. We stopped for food along the way. I felt safe and was very comfortable even enough to sleep in the car because I was so tired. I am very grateful for this experience. Cesar even offered to take me to get my covid-19 test for my return trip back to the USA. Thank you 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 @coatilcue (IG)Written 19 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did some research on the various tours to Pacaya Volcano starting from Antigua and are happy we found A Viajar Guatemala. They offered the most affordable private tour. We didn’t want to travel on one of the regular tours which cost less, but all leave either at 6:00am or 2:00pm in order to do two runs on the same day. We preferred to enjoy our hotel breakfast and opted for an 08:30am departure. The driver arrived perfectly on time and we took off immediately without having to pick up passengers from other hotels first.
The driver Miguel was very informative and we enjoyed lots of interesting narrative along the way. Also it was nice that he took a different and very scenic route on the return trip so we got to see the terrible devastation of the 2018 eruption of Volcano Fuego.
Ronal, our local guide on Pacaya was phenomenal! He took good care of us and we were chatting with him all the way up and down about living in Guatemala and of course many interesting stories surrounding Pacaya and the surrounding nature. We saw several other guides along the way and how they interacted with their groups and Ronal was probably one of the best!
So we highly recommend this agency, no need to go to a more expensive outfit. Their office in Antigua staffed by Alexander was very helpful in the preparation of the trip (what to bring, what to expect)Written 23 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I had the opportunity to travel with a group of friends on an overnight tour to the Acatenango volcano. It was one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences I've ever had. The views from the top were absolutely worth the climb. The guides were great, very responsible, fun, spoke english, and were by our side all the time. It's definitely a trip you must do if you go to Guatemala and I highly recommend travelling with Avem!Written 1 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had a great time visiting Antigua Guatemala! Karla was an amazing tour guide and was very knowledgeable about Antigua. Carlos was a great driver as well. Such a great experience! Would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting GuatemalaWritten 2 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My girlfriend and I made a trip organized by Safe Travel, they were really helpful from the beginning, like answering back our messages at anytime, picking us at the airport and taking us somewhere to have dinner and then to the bus station. Once we arrived to Petén there was someone waiting for us to take us to the hotel.
The next day we went to the Mayan Ruins which was organized by them too, it was one of the best trips ever.
They also organized our transportation from Guatemala City to Antigua, picking us up at 5:30am and from Antigua to the airport...
All the drivers were really friendly and helpful, I recommend them 100%.Written 25 February 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I am always cautious when traveling alone to a new place, but I was immediately greeted by a friendly driver when I arrived in guatemala. I would recommend Sertisa to anyone looking for a professional, safe, clean, and private car service. They are VERY responsive on Whatsapp which helped me a lot. My driver also recommended tons of sights to see where I was going. I used their service on my way back to the airport too, and they were willing to acommodate my 3am leaving time. Highly recommend!Written 1 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Booked this bus from Puerto Barrios to Guatemala City. We had a lot of traffic jams on the way. The normal 6hours of route became 11 hours!!! We weren’t allowed to take food on board and there was only 1 stop halfway which means we drove 7 hours without any food. Finally arrived at the comedor, we only had 15minutes to eat something (which was our lunch AND dinner).
The traffic jam isn’t their fault of course, but they could have done at least an extra stop.
Wifi didn’t work at all.
I preferred the shuttle buses to travel through Guatemala.Written 9 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- They don't know the word punctuality. Buses leave like 1 hour late. The buses's bathroom don't work. Their buses have malfunction. Going from Honduras to Guatemala and viceversa is a nightmare with this guys. Never doing it again.Written 26 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- So I was in Guatemala for a Music Festival and I was using a Shuttle to go from the city to the festival. The music festival was offering a Free shuttle ride, but it was limited and only ran a few times a day. So I decided to use Urban Taxi' s Shuttle service that they were offering. I figured since I was paying I would get to the festival faster since the next free shuttle wasn't until 5:00 pm and at this time it was 2:00 pm. But low and behold that after I paid they told me that the next shuttle wouldn't be until 4:00 pm and I was like "ok, the band I really want to see will be on stage at 5:30 pm (it's about an hour trip)" and then it turned out that they weren't anymore shuttle from Urban Taxi but rather they were using the Free Shuttle. So they charged for a Free Service and refused to refund my money. I do not recommend this service and I suggest that you either the taxis that are roaming around or Uber. Urban Taxi are just some Scam Artist.Written 27 March 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Literally anything would be better than this company.
The worst experience I have had in Central America.Written 29 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Guatemala City
- These experiences are best for transportation in Guatemala City:
- Private Shuttle in Guatemala
- Ground Transfer Guatemala City To Panajachel, Lake Atitlan
- Ground Transfer Airport - Antigua Guatemala
- Private Transport - between Guatemala City Airport and Antigua
- Private Transport - between Guatemala City Airport and Panajachel