27 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We booked this tour with friends who were visiting Mudgee. We all had such a fun afternoon, visiting wineries that we had not been to before. Our tour guide Annie was so helpful on the day, making the afternoon such a fun time for us all. We all appreciated having beautiful photos to capture the memories which were sent to us on the same day. Thank you again Annie!Written 7 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My sister an I had an amazing time on the wine tour run by Alyson. She contacted us prior to find out preferences so she could tailor the experience. She was very knowledgeable, organised and extremely friendly. I will definitely book another tour with Alyson on my next trip to Mudgee.Written 5 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We couldn’t have asked for a better tour or a better guide! Mark was so friendly and accommodating, making sure we got to each place we wanted to and ensuring we had the best time. We had our dog Hazel with us and he quickly became her favourite person, he even took her for walks around wineries while we did tastings. The staff at each stop were so friendly and welcoming. Exceptional experience and would recommend to anyone. Thank you Mark!Written 16 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Modern, clean, well appointed room. Convenient to leagues club next door, and in the middle of Cessnock itself. Rooms were very quiet considering the position. Will definitely be back. Enjoyed our stay. Staff friendly & helpful.Written 30 December 2022
- Highly recommend! We were driven around by Ken, who made the day so much more memorable. Very professional and the wineries were amazing.Written 2 October 2022
- We enjoyed a wonderful full day tour with James being picked up from our accommodation out of town and safely returned at the end of the day. James is very easy going, very passionate and shares a lot of knowledge of Mudgee and its history along with the wineries and wine.
He took many lovely photos of us which he later emailed.
We would highly recommend a tour with James and look forward to doing it again with friends. Todd & LucyWritten 5 November 2023
- Great history of Mudgee, great wine and a great day out! Ken knows his stuff and which wineries are the best to visit!Written 21 November 2023
- The early morning wake up call (4:00am) was rewarded with a spectacular sunrise as we glided silently over the farms and vineyards of Mudgee. Smooth landing followed by a hearty breakfast in townWritten 21 November 2023
- Freya went above and beyond to provide our group of 10 with a 5 star experience. She brought great energy, chose wonderful wineries to visit and also helped us with additional transport requirements over the weekend.Written 17 October 2023
- What a great way to get out and see Mudgee! The customer service and friendliness of Brett was absolutely seamless. He has his introductory routine which ensures all questions are asked and that you are off cruising around in no time.
The bikes are straightforward to use and all the vineyards are fairly close to one another. No need to worry about dragging all the wine you buy around either as Brett has a well organised service of making sure it’s picked up and brought bake before your return…just make sure you don’t accidentally pick up another couple’s wine by accident when you get back (which after a few vinos is something we did in fact do).
Depending on the season you’ll often get to have a few laughs of the magpies dive bombing you as you stroll past various bike paths along the way (doesn’t matter who’s in front or back it’s a laugh nonetheless - just keep your head down and zoom through), a cheeky middle finger held in the air sometimes deters them as well.
My favorite part was riding back down Henry Lawson Drive and some of the other country roads on subset.
‘Twas a magical Mudgee weekend of scooting around on e-bikes, dodging the Magpie madness and sipping on vinos thanks to Brett and EzyRide!
We will be back again!Written 26 September 2023
- Such an awesome day celebrating my birthday with friends while being driven around Mudgee wineries with such a fun, happy and experienced person like Rachel ! She had us laughing and made it so much more fun while we explored the vineyards. Would HIGHLY recommend and would definitely call her when we are next in Mudgee !! :)Written 30 October 2023
- We absolutely loved our tour with the vivacious Belle and it was the highlight of our trip to Mudgee. From the moment I messaged to enquire about the tour, I felt Belle's good vibes and we all loved the unique, cool experience of touring in her her vintage Corolla! Belle was very knowledgable, so friendly and fun, and gave us a fabulous day that we will never forget! We visited numerous vineyards (favourite was Robert Stein), visited Olive Nest, High Valley Cheese and the Baker Williams distillery - a full day of wine, olives, cheese, gin and oh that butterscotch schnapps. Included in the price was also lunch which was a hamper pack at the picturesque Lowe's Vineyard. Belle is a girl in the know and we loved that everything was covered all day - touring made easy and we could not have wanted for more. Belle, it's without hesitation that I recommend your company and experience, and I will absolutely look you up next time I visit Mudgee!Written 14 June 2022
- Jayne was an amazing host for our wine tour throughout Mudgee. Very knowledgeable, accommodating, flexible and friendly. She arranged the itinerary for us and adjusted it on the day to accommodate our preferences. She has an esky and special wine storage tubs onboard to keep our purchases safe. Jayne took group photos for us and even provided a little snack late in the afternoon which was very much appreciated!Written 26 November 2023
- Not only was this an overall lovely experience but John is a phenomenal host. We felt like this tour was perfectly tailored from start to finish. John selected wonderful wineries for us to experience and we finished off at a chocolate factory. After our day ended and John dropped us off, we realized someone from our group had left their wallet on the bus. John was gracious enough to drive back during rush hour to return it. He is knowledgable, kind, and made what was already an awesome experience, even better! I could not recommend this tour enough as it is one of our biggest highlights of our vacation to Sydney. Thank you, John!!Written 17 February 2023
- We did a private day tour with Neal and it was nothing short of amazing! We had the best day and Neal was very accomodating to make sure we had the best time. Would give 6 stars if I could!Written 22 November 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Mudgee