Scuba & Snorkelling • Boat Tours
13 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I’ve been in Australia now for 5 months and this has blown me out of the water and knocked the socks off everything I have done so far.
We went snorkelling, to Whitehaven beach and around the islands and it was nothing less than stunning. I’d like to give a massive Thankyou to the crew as they played a huge roll in making my experience the best it possibly could be. Ayla or being a fantastic deckmate with loads of energy, JMac for getting us around safe and sound and being an all round donny. Ben for cooking up some fantastic meals and feeding me and Larissa for being an awesome instructor.
If you are thinking about doing Whitsundays I could not recommend the new horizon more. It’s worth every single cent.Written 18 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had an amazing 'milestone' birthday on 'Regina' with some great friends. The boat was perfect for 8 of us - 4 good sized double cabins with beds larger than expected and not hot. There was plenty of room for everyone to hang out together or get a little bit of their own space and also sunbaking space in the nets. The back deck is great and fits everyone for dinner and BBQ, couldn't have asked for a better boat.
The weather was beautiful and the scenery awesome - Whitehaven Beach for birthday drinks, a trip to Hamo for Dinner, chalkies Beach with some great snorkelling, Langford Island, Lindeman Island
What a perfect way to spend a birthday - no driving or taxis, pure relaxation and just a paddleboard to the beach :-). Thanks Regina for turning it on for us.....Written 4 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So so good, white party was Belta, sharks going crazy, big fish everywhere. Food was great, would highly recommendWritten 19 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have had the most lovely holiday aboard Due West, a 38ft cataraman based out of Airley Beach, Qld. Three double cabins, two bathrooms, well equipped galley (including a Nespresso coffee machine and milk frother!!).
Pre-briefings before and on arrival, and an optional extra training session out on the harbour meant we were fully informed and ready to enjoy several days out in the Whitsundays. My husband hadn’t sailed for a number of years and my two daughters and I are non-sailors but we found when you follow instructions and read up on where to moor each evening it was relatively easy.
Ghi did a great handover and while emphasizing safety and due care he was also focused on ensuring we were equipped to have a great holiday.
Would we do it again? Definitely!Written 27 November 2023
- Wow what an experience the team are so professional and the vessel was awesome well maintained and had everything you could want would love to do another trip or more in the future could not recommend this company high enoughWritten 6 October 2023
- Carolyn was friendly, flexible and accomodating when arranging our Private Charter, spontaneously, for my 40th Birthday. We had the most professional, friendly and knowledgeable team on our Charter and had the opportunity to visit Whitehaven Beach, South Molle & Daydream Island. It was a day I will always remember, thankyou!!Written 18 November 2023
- It was a wonderful experience, frindly crew, enough eating and drinking, The seats ar not very comfertable for a long day. Snorkling was good as was the visit to Whitehaeven beach.Written 1 November 2023
- Great day for all the family would loved to have had more time at Whitehaven beach Grant and kala were fab hosts and very helpful.Written 29 December 2022
- 1/2 day charter for 3 with Will.
Excellent knowledge of the spots to be, and when to be there. He is not afraid to use some fuel, unlike other charters.
The boat is perfect and Will's music selection is on point 👍.
We caught a variety of fish, and enough of them to feed 7 people that night.Written 26 September 2021
- Jenna, Matt and Gonzalo were amazing instructors and took their time to make sure I was learning in a safe and relaxed environment. The learning doesn’t stop once your out of the water as we would do small workshops on the boat every afternoon. All were very approachable and more than happy to chat about anything free diving related. We had a great crew and the other divers will definitely be long time mates. My retreat on the Whitsundays was exactly what I needed to take my mind off my business. Thanks Oceansense! I will hopefully be booking another retreat soon!Written 18 September 2023
- Great adventure for the growing family. Plenty of wind for good sailing. Great locations to visit with easy access from Shute Harbour. Wonderful staff that are very knowledgeable and helpful. The area and boat briefing from Sonia was top notch. Dave was really helpful on the dock and able to show us all we needed to enjoy the boat. We recommend the stay aboard option the night before you set out to complete the experience. Professionally run operation that will see us return in the future for another adventure.Written 19 September 2020
- My boss took me on a fishing charter with Murray yesterday - unbelievable! Magic weather, great fishing spots & got a great haul of fish. Had a tug-of-war with a shark for my fish - shark won, I got the head haha! Even got a snorkel in out there out from one of the beaches. Murray is super knowledgeable. The boat is a beast and so comfy, just cruises through the water with it's power.
You won't regret a day out with Catch My Drift! Highly recommend it to anyone! I'll definitely be booking a trip to take my wife out next time.Written 14 April 2023
- We had a good day out looking for Whales with Glen. Unfortunately their were not many whales around on the day that we went but we did manage to see a few. Glen was very friendly and made the trip interesting.Written 3 August 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Airlie Beach
- These are the best places for kid-friendly dolphin & whale watching in Airlie Beach:See more dolphin & whale watching for children in Airlie Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for dolphin & whale watching in Airlie Beach:See more romantic dolphin & whale watching in Airlie Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for dolphin & whale watching in Airlie Beach:See more dolphin & whale watching for adrenaline seekers in Airlie Beach on Tripadvisor