Scuba & Snorkelling • Boat Tours
13 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Hi, As regular charters I'd like to call out how well Paso Doble is maintained and running. On arrival the boat had clearly been refitted since last year and was perfectly detailed. Everything on board ran well and when we did have an minor equipment failure, it was fixed on water by the chase boat. Heather was fantastic on the scheds. The post charter route map was a great extra this year. The area is of course superb with us seeing dolphins and turtles aplenty. All the best to John and the team
"Paso Doble Paul"Written 18 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hired a Catamaran with another two couples and sailed around the Whitsundays for 3 nights. Had a great time, facilities on the boat were great, and the staff were super helpful in planning our trip and giving us the skills to sail ourselves. Communication leading up to our sailing trip was great and all the information was provided. Would definitely charter again with CumberlandWritten 4 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have had the most lovely holiday aboard Due West, a 38ft cataraman based out of Airley Beach, Qld. Three double cabins, two bathrooms, well equipped galley (including a Nespresso coffee machine and milk frother!!).
Pre-briefings before and on arrival, and an optional extra training session out on the harbour meant we were fully informed and ready to enjoy several days out in the Whitsundays. My husband hadn’t sailed for a number of years and my two daughters and I are non-sailors but we found when you follow instructions and read up on where to moor each evening it was relatively easy.
Ghi did a great handover and while emphasizing safety and due care he was also focused on ensuring we were equipped to have a great holiday.
Would we do it again? Definitely!Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow what an experience the team are so professional and the vessel was awesome well maintained and had everything you could want would love to do another trip or more in the future could not recommend this company high enoughWritten 6 October 2023
- Hired a boat at short notice, all our questions answered, boat ready on time and in good condition. On arrival Bob made sure we had everything we needed, gave some great tips on where to go. Weather was a little lively but we have plenty of experience on the water and impressed with how the boat handled the conditions, very pleased to see a large turtle ( I assume it was the same one we saw several times). Would recommend the company.Written 29 November 2023
- Boat was great, fishing rods, bait, tackle box, esky with ice all can be hired at a reasonable rate. Was a great morning out (definitely the best to do morning) didn't catch anything but plenty of bites and an impatient 8yr old but had fun seen a sea turtle. Cheapest water activity for 4 hrs in Airlie.Written 2 June 2017
- Great adventure for the growing family. Plenty of wind for good sailing. Great locations to visit with easy access from Shute Harbour. Wonderful staff that are very knowledgeable and helpful. The area and boat briefing from Sonia was top notch. Dave was really helpful on the dock and able to show us all we needed to enjoy the boat. We recommend the stay aboard option the night before you set out to complete the experience. Professionally run operation that will see us return in the future for another adventure.Written 19 September 2020
- The whole 7 night bare boat adventure was delightful. Couple of little hiccups along the way but nothing to really dampen our spirits. 41' Cat was well maintained & very comfortable with enough room for our 3 couples + one. Weather was spectacular & 8° cooler than the mainland so great week to be on the water. Thanks QYC - highly recommendedWritten 1 December 2018
- We went with a group celebrating a friend's birthday. It leaves in time to watch the sunset and dusk over the spectacular airlie seascape of yachts at moorings, marinas, resorts and waterfronts. We thought that the limited range of drink prices were reasonable.Written 16 June 2021
- 4 couples - 1 couple were family, the other 2 couples were honeymooners, from Ireland and Spain
We had a great crew of Skipper Aaron and chef/ first mate Mael.
Brilliant snorkeling with lots of live coral and fish.
Spotted whales and floated beside them over both days
Pods surrounded us during the night.
Weather was perfect .
Whitehaven beach and lookout is beautiful and has to be seen along with the rays and lemon reef sharksWritten 7 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Airlie Beach
- These are the best places for groups seeking boat hire in Airlie Beach:See more boat hire for groups in Airlie Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous boat hire in Airlie Beach:See more adventurous boat hire in Airlie Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for boat hire in Airlie Beach:See more boat hire for adrenaline seekers in Airlie Beach on Tripadvisor