Scuba & Snorkelling • Boat Tours
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I’ve been in Australia now for 5 months and this has blown me out of the water and knocked the socks off everything I have done so far.
We went snorkelling, to Whitehaven beach and around the islands and it was nothing less than stunning. I’d like to give a massive Thankyou to the crew as they played a huge roll in making my experience the best it possibly could be. Ayla or being a fantastic deckmate with loads of energy, JMac for getting us around safe and sound and being an all round donny. Ben for cooking up some fantastic meals and feeding me and Larissa for being an awesome instructor.
If you are thinking about doing Whitsundays I could not recommend the new horizon more. It’s worth every single cent.Written 18 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As a solo traveler on my mid 30s, I was reluctant to join a 3D/3N trip on a boat. But my experience with SV Summer Jo was spotless! Very relaxing trip, good food and great stops for snorkeling. Our last day in Whitehaven beach. Made great friends that I hope to keep in touch with!
The vessel is modern and very clean. Only recommendation for improvement would be to have more places to seat and shade in the deck.
The whole crew was very kind, funny and clear on the communication and instructions. I felt safe and cared for the whole trip. Special shout for:
- Dan for ensuring the best experience for all of us from the moment we step into the vessel until our arrival in Arlie Beach.
- Bernie for leading a big group with different levels of snorkeling experience.
- Charlie for keeping us well fed (and for the best apple and berry crumble)
- Tom for showing his favourite and secret spots in the Whitsundays.
- Turtle for all the stories and chat on the deck.
Sailing Whitsundays booking service was also very thoughtful - they helped me finding the best boat trip for my profile and always replied super quick to all my questions.
This was the perfect trip to say goodbye to Australia after 7 weeks traveling there! I definitely recommend it for solo travelers!
Thank you for the best time, Summer Jo team!Written 5 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The whole team at wings were fantastic! Would highly recommend and would sail with them again! Nothing was ever an issue for the team and the hospitality was A+++Written 23 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ben took a bunch of us out today and we had a blast. Booking was super easy. A short 20 min walk around the headland from town. Great commentary and fantastic skills!!! Would 100% recommend this adventure. The middle seats are the best. You leave your belongings at check in and they are secure. A go pro takes pics and they’re uploaded to their fb page!!! EASY AS. This is their playground and you can see why they love their job. 10/10!Written 15 June 2023
- An awesome experience co-ordinated by the lovely bree. Sunset cruise for a friends bucks party organised to perfection. Good times were a plenty. would strongly recommend.Written 22 January 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Airlie Beach
- These experiences are best for water sports in Airlie Beach:
- Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout Full-Day Snorkeling Cruise by High-Speed Catamaran
- Full-Day Whitsunday Sail and Snorkel Adventure with Lunch
- Airlie Beach Jet Boat Thrill Ride
- Lady Enid Sailing to Langford Island & Snorkelling - Adults Only
- 2-Night Private Charter Aboard Cruising Yacht Milady
- These are the best places for couples seeking water sports in Airlie Beach:See more water sports for couples in Airlie Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking water sports in Airlie Beach:See more water sports for groups in Airlie Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous water sports in Airlie Beach:See more adventurous water sports in Airlie Beach on Tripadvisor