Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Wonderful asset for the town - so clean & picturesque. Life guards on duty so very safe for families. Great for picnics or barbecuesWritten 9 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience seeing a number of large and small salties just 30 minutes from Airlie Beach.
Included food was surprisingly great.Written 22 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So it was windy it was a little bit hairy at times but wow was it worth it this is truly one of those things you will do once and never forget it was amazingWritten 15 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Strolled here after dinner it was very pleasant indeed worth a wonder I’m not sure how long it is or where it starts and finishes but the bit we walked was goodWritten 15 October 2023
- We were discouraged from doing this walk over 1 day as everyone we talked to and everything we read kept on about it being a 2-3 day walk. It’s totally doable as a 1 day walk if you’re not keen to camp out with feral pigs and cane toads, and you like a challenge :) We got a taxi to the starting point for $50 to commence the walk at 7am and finished at 3:30pm. Took approx 8.5 hours including breaks and the detour to honeyeater lookout and back. A total of 32kms. If you’re tired at the turn off to honeyeater lookout (3.6km return) you could save it for another day if you have time. It’s a lovely walk which might be better enjoyed if you haven’t already walked 24kms. Some would also say Hayward lookout is better! I recommend two approx spritz as a reward at the end.Written 12 July 2023
- Fantastic views with garden area to enjoy pre dinner cocktails. Good photo opportunity location looking over marina.Written 25 August 2023
- Very happy with our stay here, although we didn't spend much time in our room as we only had a couple of nights and were in Airlie for a wedding.
I found the room itself to be very spacious and it was clean, nice view and there was a large spa on our balcony. Unfortunately, we didn't get to use the spa due to lack of time but I imagine it would be lovely sitting in there taking in the view.
The lady that welcomed us upon check-in was friendly and helpful and we felt very welcomed.
It's not exactly a modern resort but the pool area looks great. Also, when booking here you can see exactly what you get by the photos and so we arrived to what we had already seen online anyway. Also, due to the reasonable price to stay here, it's what you would expect.
It's a short walk into town, the lagoon and marina.Written 18 October 2023
- It’s a nice relaxing drive but not too much to do. Once we got there we had a little walk and a couple of pictures. It was nice to just sit and finish our coffees. More to do down in Airlie.Written 11 June 2023
- Beautiful beach, water temperature is lovely. Nice seaside children's park. Highlight was the 50s style diner in the local caravan park. Staff went above and beyond to cater to our dietary needs. The aesthetic of the diner and caravan park was cute and very retro. We absolutely loved our trip here. Only issue was not being able to swim at the beach due to croc warnings from locals- this is to be expected in Nth QLD though.Written 11 October 2022
- What a beautiful gallery, located on the marina. Some beautiful pieces - I purchased a gorgeous 100% silk sarong. The print and colours are what caught my eye at first, then Jen gave me a styling session on different ways to wear it. Such a great experience, I can’t wait to wear my new piece!Written 12 July 2021
- Came early on a Saturday morning and sss surprised some stalls were already set up before 7am! Although by 8am, some were still setting up. A smaller market but worth a visit if you are into:
Crystals (handmade jewellery and generic cheaper ones made overseas, tumbles, points), art work, clothing (tie dye), food, 1 plant store, 2 selling fresh produce, leather hats, doggie accessories, jewlery (Eg locally made, silver, sea glass), skincare products, essential oils, jams and chutney, wooden carved ornaments, tarot reading, hair cuts. Today was a quiet day and I enjoyed being able to chat to the local makers. Some are not local. Some are regulars, others are transient.
Depending on if the above items are your jam or not, this would be a good way to spend 1-2 hours, or not worth visiting.
Close to the main beach and town centre. Taxi rank nearby. I enjoyed it and picked up a few items I’ve been looking for!Written 3 June 2023
- Recently purchased some Balinese day beds they look great. They have a mix of outdoor furniture, statues, vases etc. if your after something different and unique then take a visit.Written 14 April 2018
- We would just to thank Frazier for going above and beyond when he took us in the water taxi to White haven beach for our daughter’s wedding. He was great and would not just leave us on the beach. He waited till the helicopters landed so we where in the right spot after doing several laps looking for the spot. On the way back he took us to our accommodation on his own time and nothing was a problem. He is a great asset to your company and a big thank you to Frazier as well!Written 2 October 2022
- Took me 45mins return with a 10min break at the end. Nice enough track, good to do to get the heart rate up and blood pumping. Not very busy.Written 2 August 2023
- Great service. Good choice of drinks. Loved the mid reef lager and apple cider. Great choice of wood fired pizzas which were awesome!Written 15 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Airlie Beach