Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We visited this cave as our choice of the caves in the area. It was magnificent. The trees as the entrance was huge and the cave itself was large and beautiful. The guide was knowledgeable and friendly. Definitely go to this cave. There are 352 steps leading down to the cave but you can take as long as you like coming up and there are rest seats on the way.Written 16 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of our favourite places to take friends when they come to visit us. The liqueurs are delightful. Went there last Saturday Aug 19th2023 and was so sorry to hear that the owner Steve had suddenly passed away. Very sad news. He was the life and soul of the place. We will miss him.
On a different note......where are the crocs from the pond ??? Please return them !!!
The restaurant there is also very good, nice platter.Written 20 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well worth the tour particularly with the accompanying earphone guides throughout.
Not very arduous for those who are older like us and very interesting in the viewing and listening throughout the tourWritten 8 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice bay, aldough not as beautiful as some other bays. Walking up the hill seeing the next bay was nice, we stayed during weekend so quite busy. Seeing some rays was a wonderful experience.Written 12 November 2023
- Really beautiful grounds to visit and staff were lovely. Well worth a visit to a big winery like this but don’t forget to go to some of the smaller wineries too.Written 14 November 2023
- We got there just in time for the talk on owls and eagles. Robert and Annmarie were great! They both had so much knowledge and presented in a friendly and at times funny way! Made it very interesting and we were able to get up and close to the owls. They then did a flight display with some falcons. So good!!
Well done Annemarie and Robert!!!
Worth a visit for sure.Written 19 October 2023
- Really lovely grounds and great place to visit. (Also ensure you visit Firetail wines next door). We had a lovely cake and coffee whilst we admired the beautiful grounds. Staff were very warm and welcoming.Written 14 November 2023
- You don’t hear much about this spot but great for anyone wanting to get away.Resorts & b n b’s are available with Margs town centre not far away but plenty of little places to fill the tummy.Feel the serenity in a spot few of us from WA even know about.Written 25 November 2023
- I love the visitor centre. The staff are very knowledgeable on what's on in the area and what's good to visit.Written 8 May 2023
- The first vines were planted at Cape Mentelle in 1970, making it the fifth oldest winery in the Margaret River region. Since then, Cape Mentelle has gained an awesome reputation fot its wines, making it a benchmark for the region. The colonial-style estate and barrel house have become a magnet for visitors who want a gourmet-style meal, with estate-grown wines. Among Cape Mentelle's most-admired wines are Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon. No matter where you come from, you can be assured of a warm welcome.Written 7 April 2022
- Something new to experience in the middle of the farms..great illusion and perfect for families....Cafe is awesome too...Written 10 October 2023
- Stunning estate, very friendly staff who put in the time and effort to talk through the wines (even just before closing). We would love to come here again. The art gallery downstairs is beautiful too! One tip: check the maps and don’t take the horrible dirt road entrance of Steven’s Road. The road is in very poor condition, so approach from the north end instead!!Written 16 January 2023
- We tried some beautiful wines here but our favorite was Nooky Delight, which is their Port infact we loved it that much we walked out with 6 bottles. So we could take some back home to New Zealand to share with our friends and family. Very knowledgeable lady talked about the region and the work that goes into producing such a beautiful smooth port.Written 7 August 2023
- Linking Dunsborough to Augusta, Caves Road is a scenic drive through the National Park. The road is mostly 80kmh and winds its way past numerous vineyards and cellar doors. You are never to far from the coast and there are plenty of good walking tracks in the area, which enables you to see and try sections of the Cape to Cape Track. Don’t forget to visit some of the caves.Written 12 October 2022
- It may not be the easiest place to swim but it was very pretty with stretches of sand, rocky outcrops and good surf. A vey pretty place on a sunny day.Written 12 February 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Margaret River
- The best day trips from Margaret River according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full Day Wine & All About It Tour: Scones, Chocolate, Wineries, Lunch & More
- Margaret River, Caves, Wine and Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse Tour from Perth
- Margaret River Small-Group Full-Day Wine & Food Tour
- Margaret River Beer & Wine Adventure (departs Dunsborough/Busselton)
- Margaret River Wine Adventure - The tour for people who don't do tours!
Margaret River Attractions Information
|Thursday 7:47 pm|