Military Museums • Ships
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great memorial. Definitely worth a visit. Has an added section since the discovery of the HMAS Sydney.Written 24 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great return visit ,was here 3 years ago and was amazed. Still amazing. Definitely well worth a visit for everyone. Friendly and helpful staffWritten 20 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well worth doing the guided tour. From the outside it is extremely impressive , from the inside it simply take’s your breath away . Very knowledgeable guide and the architect/builder/priest St Francis Xavier was ahead of his time.Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Friendly and Helpful staff. Very clean. Kids were even given a 'passport' for the area. Looks like lots of gteay fun for themWritten 26 October 2023
- What a great little wildlife park!!!
Since the change of ownership the park is developed into a great day out.
Krystal and Wayne have a great knowledge of reptiles and do a very insightful hands on reptile talk. The kids found this great as they could handle some of the animals with close supervision of Krystal and Wayne.
My granddaughter has done the "wildlife Trainee" for a day and loved every bit of it, so much so she's done it a few times now.
It's a great day out!Written 19 December 2022
- We have driven through Greenough so many times I couldnt count but never stopped at the history village.We were taking our time to go home and stopped to have a look.SOOOO glad we did.I never realised what a beautiful and well maintained area it is.Plenty to see and do with a $10 entry fee.So much history and interesting things to see.The churches in particular are stunning and takes you back in time.There is a cafe and visitor centre there too so you can have a bite for lunch or a coffee.Service was a little slow and we walked out because it took too long just to order a coffeeWritten 1 August 2022
- Definitely well worth it, I highly recommend a visit to anyone. Everything is in good condition and the gardens are amazingWritten 20 November 2023
- I had this spot on my radar for some time and this is where we spent our first night.A little out of the way to get there but so worth the drive.There were a few campers already there but plenty of room for our 2 caravans and cars.It used to charge for the night but I think that has gone by the way side with no box to put your camping fees.Flushing toilets and very clean.No fires and it does get very cold with the temp going down to -1 in the morning when we got up and frost on our solar panels and cars.Beautiful views to the range in the background.No internet around the camp.We would stay there againWritten 12 September 2023
- A very nice pre-cursor to a guided tour of the St Francis Xavier Cathedral designed and built by Monsignor Hawes.
It details his life and times, both his background and his religious work as well as his interest in architecture and design.
Nice exhibit too about his love of dogs. Some good interactive displays, maps and photos.Written 7 September 2023
- On first view this beach doesn't look all too pretty, however it was actually a great beach to swim in, as it is protected and thus calm. The council have done a fantastic job of updating the foreshore area, and near the beach are some fantastic bathroom facilities and lovely shaded grass.Written 10 January 2021
- We visited this lovely shop , the staff were really friendly and welcoming , the jewellery is stunning. Did we spend too much yes but it was worth every cent , some really different pieces that you will not see anywhere else . Would I go back in a heartbeat , great shop great staff.Written 2 September 2020
- The esplanade in Geraldton is a nice place for a stroll. The views are average enough, the beach is okay, but the paved esplanade is clean, well laid out and nice for a stroll - which took on a couple of the days we spent in Geraldton.Written 7 September 2023
- Geraldton has some lovely beaches, but this has quickly become my new favourite. On a sunny winter day, it can be just perfect! There's a surf club located here, so there's tons of parking, plus toilets and showers, BBQs, and a large grassed area, plus a lookout overlooking the ocean.
The ocean is clean and a stunning blue, and the waves are perfect for first-time surfers and body-boarders, with plenty of white-water. The beach sand is white and clean, so the beach is also nice for a walk. We spent 1-2 hours here on a lovely sunny winter day, and absolutely loved the place!Written 12 July 2019
- Well worth a visit, was here 2 years ago. Still a thought provoking object. Unusual, yet amazing at the same time. Looking forward to another return visitWritten 23 November 2023
- This is one of my favourites in Geraldton compared to the others, it's a bit quieter and generally seems nicer.
The surf is rougher here which is probably why it's popular with the surfers. It's my kind of lazy day Beach though.Written 6 March 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Geraldton
Geraldton Attractions Information
|Wednesday 12:06 pm|