Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Geelong's Eastern Beach Reserve is a good place for a family picnic. There's lots of space to spread o rug. The water is usually calm, it's a good place for children to paddle. The playground is fine for younger children. It's a good idea to bring your own refreshments, the kiosk can be a tad expensive. The beach is supervised by lifeguards in summer..Written 26 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very interesting and well laid out museum - especially for anyone who worked in the wool or carpet trade. Very helpful staff. Interesting displays of stages of processing ad some great old processing machinery. A complete carpet loom which unfortunately was not in operation due to a shortage of the special Jute they need for it. Very good videos - interesting talks by old shearers and wool store peopleWritten 5 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sadly it was winter time, but still worth a visit. Would love to visit in spring and summer. Free entry and wheelchair accessible.Written 1 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The staff are so knowledgeable and really took the time to talk us through the different sights for our upcoming road trip. I highly recommend! It's also in with the carousel which is very cool to see.Written 7 September 2023
- There was so much to do here and we could have stayed a lot longer if car parking wasn't running out!
It is all geared to children having a go at music, science, acting, painting a real car!
The staff were good at relating to the children.
There was great attention paid to keeping the place clean and tidy.Written 14 January 2023
- Brilliant beer served in an old wooden mill surrounded by history of the old and the new and current brewing business. Lots of choice and if you are like me then go for a tasting paddle and try out some of their favourites. We shared a pizza which was delicious. Lots of people were eating and all the dishes were tempting, can’t wait to try more food and drink on my next visit. The brewery isn’t far from Geelong centre, we caught a bus but you could walk.Written 11 January 2023
- Very nice little area with a short not very difficult walk down to the bottom. The lookout has limited parking. Not stroller friendly however young kids who can walk could do it with it obviously being a little longer to get back to the top. The walk probably takes about 4-5 minutes from carpark.Written 16 April 2023
- What a wonderful experience - feeding Emus and Cangaroos - an amazing arts gallery and the food also was delicious. A modern playground helped to enjoy the dayWritten 29 September 2023
- My wife and I visited this place during our recent stopover in Geelong, en-route to Bellarine Peninsula for a holiday.
Overlooking the harbour with spectacular views out to Corio Bay is the modern sail like steel and glass pavilion which houses an extremely rare and beautiful Armitage Herschell Carousel dating back to 1892.
Alongside the Armitage Herschell Carousel is the display of an historic pipe organ with detailed craftsmanship. The restored organ plays a collection of colourful Dixieland melodies and gives the pavilion a cheerful atmosphere.Written 29 July 2022
- The Geelong Gallery continues to produce exceptional exhibitions. The Clarice Beckett exhibition is excellent. Hard to imagine that these paintings were painted between 1929 and 1930 and were lost for decades. It's devastating that many have been destroyed. The works are beautiful and highlight what a beach side suburb was like decades ago. A must visit exhibition.Written 5 July 2023
- A great ride, although the section between (Drysdale to Queenscliff) should be fully bitumen sealed as it is from (Geelong to Drysdale) approximately half of the total distance.
Once this is completed through funding of State and Federal Govt stakeholders will be a great asset for all user groups.
There needs to be more water stations and toilets set up along the route with greater access to Cafe, accommodation etc to support local business.
It's more around 80 kms total distance return from Geelong West and accessibility is well marked and signed.
Take plenty of water to carry and perhaps a backpack for any refreshments along the trip.
Luckily we had ebike's for the return trip which when using standard mtb, hybrid's etc it's a fair slog and would take about 6-7 hours to complete the return trip.
For us about a little over 5 hours total on ebikes including supporting a Queenscliff Cafe for our lunch stop.
It's one of the better rides in Victoria along with some of the Gippsland rail trail network, a must do both ways to enjoy the full experience and if you need a little help on the hills grab an ebike for greater enjoyment.Written 13 March 2023
- Our first visit and stay in Geelong. The foreshore gardens, parks and walkways are a delight. Very clean and well maintained. Beautiful views across the bay. Nice places to sit and relax and the vast open lawns are lovely.Written 6 May 2022
- Lovely summer evening and Geelong foreshore a beaut choice to visit.
Walk up and back on Cunningham Pier a delight.
Lovely for sea-land views, watching keen fisherman
& pausing for cool refreshments up top.Written 24 February 2023
- Becoming a cathedral connoisseur in my mid-life.
Australia has some beauties and St Mary’s is yet another.
Peaceful, moving and calming is the seated experience within.
Created with care to honour the good Creator. A holy place.
Intend to return for a church mass.Written 17 April 2023
- Pleasant walk starting in Rippleside Park through to the waterfront in the center of Geelong and beyond. All the bollard characters along the way. Easy walk all level.Written 1 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Geelong
- The best day trips from Geelong according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Geelong Ballooning Flight over Geelong & Bellarine Peninsula
- Small Group Luxe Bus Great Ocean Road Coastal Spectacular Tour
- PRIVATE Great Ocean Road Tour and 12 Apostles with Wildlife Spotting