Types of Attractions
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful designs on display, and a good range of stylish gifts. The building itself is lovely to explore.Written 26 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a lovely gallery. Dan's paintings, pastels, encaustic - his subjects are many and varied. Great landscapes, nudes and animals. The setting of the gallery on St Georges Square is beautiful - and there's a cafe next door. I recommend visiting!Written 3 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We weren't actually planning on visiting the gallery but just happened to be that end of town and thought that whilst we were there we'd explore - so glad we did.
Located in a grand old building - the first thing we saw was the exhibition of works by Alistair Mooney, then the dioramas by Anne Zahalka (which reminded of my museum experiences as a child), but the best was the permanent gallery on the First Tasmanians - so well set out and informative. The upstairs galleries contained some more elective works/displays (including works by Garry Greenwood).
I was really impressed with this gallery and that it was free to all members of the public.Written 20 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We walked to the showroom through the industrial area of Launceston by the river. Not really expecting that much but were surprised with the extraordinary multi colour layered glass technique that they developed. Ended up purchasing 3 pieces and will order more. They will send our pieces at no cost so no hassle with getting it home in one piece. Peter who is one of the owners and glass Artist’s gave us all the info on how our pieces were made. They are pieces of art. Take the time to visit and see glass as a piece of art.Written 9 March 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Launceston
- These places are best for art galleries in Launceston:See more art galleries in Launceston on Tripadvisor