Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is an exceptionally unique tourist attraction. It has a very interesting history but today it is a beautiful garden. It does involve quite a degree of stairs to access the floor of the garden but well worth the effort.Written 16 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a stunning natural beauty that is very photogenic and instagram worthy. There are many vantage points that offer great views. Definitely worth a visit.Written 16 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic experience, narrowly made the cutoff point for tours but were more than welcomed. Staff were polite, humouring an adult couple that wished to do the children’s treasure hunt. We even got a bonus prize at the end. Great range of animals, with the highlights being rat cat and big red the bull. Every animal was happy to be fed and some to be pat. You won’t be disappointed, 10/10, would come back.Written 12 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a great spot . The climb was steep but the path up to the top is well made with lots of stops and seats along the way . The walk around the rim was easy and the views were amazingWritten 9 November 2023
- Brilliant area to relax, do some activities or just drive/ walk around. In the morning it is misty and very quiet.
The reflection of the trees on the lake look like something from an American movie when the trees are yellow.
Definitely go by and check it out, lots to explore hereWritten 25 July 2023
- Spectacular 360 deg view. Challenging steep but doable walk up to the tower. I’m 64 yo moderately fit and did it quite easily. The challenge for me was vertigo as the road has no fence and very steep on both sides. Dog friendly. We took our two faithful friends with us.Written 15 April 2023
- The staff were very friendly and helpful. They had plenty of useful brochures at hand.
First port of call!Written 12 April 2023
- These cave gardens are in the middle of the town. There is a good walkway and steps leading down to the observation platform.Written 12 April 2023
- I am somewhat claustrophobic but I decided to take this tour and it was worth the $15 and the 45 minutes the tour took. The guide was very knowledgeable and informative.Written 16 November 2023
- Small remembrance museum as part of the RSL. The information is reflective of the times, and it is respectfully done. If it is locked, staff are happy to open it up for you. Well worth looking at. Lest we forget.Written 29 November 2022
- Did not come here for the 'art', only for the volcano history film of Mount Gambier's creation. The film goes for approx an hour, but is very well done offering information on volcanic activity, indigenous settlers and evolution of crater lakes etc. and the Mount Gambier area in general. The staff member at the desk was very helpful. The fence art at the back of the complex is very good and worth seeing.Written 29 November 2022
- Take the track right up to the top as it is well worth the trip. As per the sign, this is one of the best views of the Blue Lake.Written 13 March 2023
- Entry to the Conservation Park was free. It's a great area for a stroll and, if time allows, for some birdspotting from the bird hide. Our first wildlife sighting was a snake basking in the sun on the grass! It did not move as we stopped for a photo and then strolled past. We saw about 5 kangaroos (being chased by some youngsters) and a small group of birds. The paths and board walks are clear and loop through the park. Worth a visit.Written 24 April 2023
- Excellent well presented facility with very helpful staff. I was looking for something specific, and the staff were extremely helpful in pointing me in the right direction as well as giving me some history of the exhibition I was interested in.Written 29 November 2022
- This is a very modern facility that caters to the arts in Mt.G. Has rotating exhibitions and a great gift shop of local, unique arts and crafts.Written 29 March 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier Attractions Information
|Tuesday 4:03 pm|