Top Attractions in Mackay
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic place free to enter and huge amount of space both lawn and seating areas and also 2 x huge pools. We have teenage boys and they loved the space. There are many life guards constantly on duty which keeps any riff raff out and provides great safety. Has a cafe and Canelands S/Centre across the road.Written 13 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Up holidaying in Mackay and ran the trail numerous times from the Lanai Apartments. You’ll find a few homeless men along the trail who didn’t cause any issue but would make some people uncomfortable. Scenery is beautiful.Written 13 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing mall that provides everything you could need. There are plenty of cafes and takeaway style eateries, and a diverse range of stores including department/chain stores, supermarkets, and smaller retail outlets. Quite a big mall so take your time and enjoy. Also, directly outside was a bus hub so easy to catch a bus to/from here from various sides of Mackay.Written 10 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well maintained and nice walkways with waterfalls.... the only thing what was missing for us were Benches. We finally found one on the other end of the Park.
We didnt stop at the Cafe but the view from there was really nice.Written 28 April 2022
- This small, but well tended orchid house is very good for the orchid lover. Unfortunately it is only open for limited hours, so check the times before visiting. Entry is free.
Obviously, different orchids flower at different times, but there were sufficient in bloom during our visit to keep us happy (just how many photos do you need to take?).
Would I go back there? Definitely.Written 20 March 2022
- A quick trip out here will not take long. Great views and there is a telescope for whale spotting. Elevated with views over 2 bays.Written 30 April 2021
- Mackay has many waterfront areas and this is a beautiful one. There is a water tower with a mural on it and a good lookout as wellWritten 15 September 2020
- Plenty of great spots along the Pioneer River to stop and enjoy its beauty - stunningly blue and well worth the effort to enjoy as a family. A must do in my opinion.Written 31 October 2019
- A really wonderful homestead with original furnishings etc which can be unusual . The guide was great and explained the full history of the house and owners etc . Lovely garden . Worth a visitWritten 29 June 2022
- Well presented info Centre with all the information you need. Staff were helpful. You can access all the information and bookings you need for the Whitsundays.Written 8 June 2018
- It is a well-maintained path and it is very flat, so it is accessible for people who use mobility aids.Written 24 September 2021
- A nice but small art gallery in central Mackay. All of the art on display on my visit was of indigenous origin. A wonderful collection of Vincent Serico work is curt present. There is also a great space for creativity for group work and creation, which was currently being used for children.Written 13 September 2019
- A beautiful place to take all the family for a quiet walk and some me time. Always pristine and plenty of activity down here on weekends. Always a joy to be here.Written 18 February 2020
- This is an easy drive to reach with great parking. the sand is soft and the water is nice. Just a great place to relax for the arvo.Written 24 March 2020
- The view from Lamberts Lookout really highlights this appealing beach, made me head down to seek it outWritten 12 August 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Mackay