130 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 130
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful atmosphere. It’s quite a big compound and one can easily take a few hours to explore the grounds.
What I liked:
The gardens are lovely
The gratitude bell by the Buddha on top of the hill is wonderful and also overlooks the pagoda
Really enjoyed the calligraphy in the pagoda - this can be tried free of charge
No photos/videos allowed around the shrines which makes it easy to sit & contemplate
The fountain at the back is also a delight
I felt like I was in Asia, really liked exploring the temple and surroundingWritten 6 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing - definitely worth the drive!
We started properly in the National Park and it’s a beautiful start, then continued on for lunch at Wollongong and 👌👌Written 29 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- First time here free great place for everyone, to enjoy beautiful gardens nice park for the kids to play . There is a coffee van there was not open this afternoon (Sunday) we where there around 2.30pm . So many great spots to picnic all year round. Will revisit in spring and summer. My favourite spot was the rose garden the smell of the roses was so pleasant. We didn't see all of the gardens as it is quite large so definitely need to revisit. I would recommend these gardens if you are looking for a nice place to walk around or just a relaxing place to goWritten 25 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The hill and lookout here offer fantastic views north along the beautiful Illawarra coastline and south to Port Kembla and the Five Islands. The lighthouse on the point is called Flagstaff Hill and is still an important aid to coastal shipping. It's a great place for kids - lots and lots of open spaces to roam over and it can get pretty windy here too - so that may even assist their energy levels.! It can also be a good place to spot whales though unfortunately on our last visit there was a dead one floating in the water, less than 200 m off the point.Written 3 August 2023
- Our family enjoyed our visit, including our two teenagers (13 & 15). The 'Bubbleology' Show was a highlight. Appreciated how interactive the displays were - had a terrific time exploring and sometimes competing with each other. Spent about three hours here - an hour longer than I expected! We also went to Questacon on our holiday and I worried there would be alot of duplication between the two venues; there was actually hardly any overlap. Both were quite unique and worthwhile experiences. Great gift shop too! Only thing we felt was lacking was a tap where we could fill our water bottles the next leg of our trip. A very enjoyable visit!
Tip: We thought we had to pay for parking, however bring your ticket inside and the staff can validate it for you!Written 8 October 2023
- A well maintained track that is great for a walk, run, ride. The track actually goes from Port Kembla to Thirroul - another 10kms further south if you'd like a 50k bike ride!Written 4 July 2023
- We have always enjoyed going to Port beach as it’s a large beach where there is plenty of space for everyone so you don’t feel overcrowded. There is ample parking and having the pool right next to the beach is brilliant as you can go for a swim in the pool if the beach is too rough. There is a great kiosk also. If we get the chance when we are in the Wollongong area we go to this beach if we feel like a swim. There are plenty of great beaches in the Illawarra and Port Kembla is one of the good ones.Written 17 February 2023
- Not sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprise with thw collection not only of vintage cars but bikes, bycicles and all sorts of various things. If you have a passion for it then this is your spot.
Run by volonteers whom are super friendly and helpful. They make a very good cup of tea.Written 24 June 2023
- A wonderful space to spend a few hours with kids under 7. Lovely cafe attached with great food. Easy parking especially in uni breaksWritten 23 July 2023
- Construction limited some access to beach and lookout, however the waterfall was flowing and was in a lovely spot. Had a good time despite rainy conditions.Written 20 November 2021
- My daughter has her 10th Birthday Party here and it was AWESOME. All of the kids were engaged and challenged, hardly any ate the food as they were so busy climbing. We paid extra for a party host for our budget party and it was great to have someone their to help us. First time we have been to Hangdog but we will definitely be back😊Written 3 November 2018
- It's like this used to be a golf course. Hardly any trees and mostly sports fields with a cycleway (full of motorbikes, no less) dominating it. Fortunately, Towradgi beach is one of the best around here with wide good sand and the storms rolling in.Written 21 September 2023
- What a hidden gem. Sandwiched between business units this was a real find for a late Sunday drink & lunch.
Menu is small but the quality is superb.
The decor is simple, but stylish but not intimidating.
The beer list is extensive without being overwhelming - and they do cider as well.
Perfect for almost every occasion and everyoneWritten 11 June 2023
- It is very relaxing to sit on the beach and listen to the waves, the view is good and there is a cafe close by.Written 21 March 2022
- What a night! We had a wonderful night at the IPAC watching one of our favourite shows, Chicago. The performers and the music were first class, thoroughly enjoyed it.Written 16 April 2022