24 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic view! Staff were really welcoming & knowledgeable. This was the best wine tasting experience we have done in the Hunter Valley.Written 1 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Four of us visited on a Friday afternoon and had a great time. The wines were delicious, the views amazing and the overall experience was laid back and very comfortable. If you are tired of pretentious wine testings then this is the place for you. Enjoy.Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I had not been to the Hunter for a few years, we decided on the half hour wine tasting (6 Chardonnays) booked via the Scarborough winery web site.
The wines were excellent, Scarborough is rightly renowned for its chardonnay, we were impressed with the selection sampled and the chesses provided to accompany the wines. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Written 5 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience wine tasting in the hunter valley area. Recommend it. Looking forward to trying the new restaurant.Written 26 October 2023
- An exceptional wine tasting conducted by a very personable and well informed host. Lana was fantastic and we learnt a lot about the wines and regionWritten 4 November 2023
- Have been to Moorebank a few times now and all I can say AMAZING! Always greeted by Stella the kelpi she’s cute as.
The lovely owners are always happy to see everyone and you need to try the moorescato it is delicious the spicy grape sauce is phenomenal and the lemonade syrup is incredible. 100% my favourite winery in the Hunter valleyWritten 12 November 2023
- What a beautiful place to finish off the day, staff were knowledgeable and fun and bought out beautiful wines to try while we were there bought a few wines as you do.
Can't wait to come back, this is a must do winery and beautiful surroundingsWritten 10 May 2021
- It’s like taking a trip to Tuscany. Came here on a wine tour and fell in love with the vineyard, the hospitality and of course the wine. The wine is a hidden gem of the Hunter Region, a boutique winery that will have you instantly signing up to the Club (like I did). Huge shout out to a Wendy who was knowledgeable and engaging when doing our tasting. I was so taken with the whole experience that I became a member and look forward to continuing to enjoy their wines I’m the future. I can’t recommend this beautiful winery enough, PS. Try the Semillion Angus.Written 11 January 2023
- Fantastic cellar door experience! Amazing service, so warm and friendly. The muscat is the best muscat I’ve ever tasted. Be sure to include this cellar door when visiting the hunter.Written 30 May 2021
- This was a must visit on our Wine Tour, and it did not disappoint! It was a lovely little cellar door located in an old converted chapel, with nice views and friendly staff. The charcuterie was amazing, and paired nicely with the wines. Would recommend if you’re in the Hunter Valley!Written 27 August 2023
- Loved our visit. Wines were amazing and the kids tasting was great value. Staff made the kids feel so welcome! Setting is fabulous and live music on Saturday afternoon was a bonus.Written 8 July 2023
- Always enjoy a tasting session here.
Not only are the wines exceptional, but the ambience of the tasting room, the log fire (at appropriate times of the year) and the person providing the tasting experience are all part of an exceptional introduction to some of the best wines produced in the Hunter Valley.
Bookings for the tasting sessions are required.
This is an exceptional winery, producing first class Hunter Chardonnay and Shiraz,
Can highly recommend a visit to Thomas Allen Wines.Written 17 October 2022
- Tucked away from the crowds in a gorgeous corner of the Hunter, Blueberry Hill is a hidden treasure. In contrast to the big, mass-market wineries, it's a cute blue cottage with a boutique feel and personal service. I'd highly recommend booking, given that it's a smaller spot. Although a large group arrived as we were leaving, I see it as best for a stop for smaller groups of serious wine enthusiasts looking to get away from large crowds.
There are both indoor and outdoor tasting areas. There's a fireplace inside and lots of space outside to enjoy the gorgeous views of the vineyards and mountains. It's a lovely backdrop for a bit of wine appreciation and provides some space if you want to wander or have kids who like to explore the outdoors.
The wines were fantastic and featured plenty of locally-grown gapes. We had a fantastic time with our host, who bought great humour and personality to the tasting. During our visit, we sampled chardonnay, tempranillo rose, shiraz, merlot, cabernet merlot and a couple of sparkling wines. All were excellent, and we walked away with a fair bit to enjoy at home.
Blueberry Hill is a real hidden gem. If you're after a quiet stop with charm to spare, I'd highly recommend a visit (don't forget to book!).Written 16 April 2022
- We visited as a group of 8 adults and it was a fantastic experience. The owner was knowledgeable, friendly & the wine was delicious. We would highly recommend!Written 11 June 2023
- Greeted by Allysia the farrier, remarkably skilled with making enology fun🤗 A gift of comprehensive knowledge plus exquisite wine tastings ... thoroughly recommend🥂Written 10 November 2023