49 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 49
What travellers are saying
- Four of us visited on a Friday afternoon and had a great time. The wines were delicious, the views amazing and the overall experience was laid back and very comfortable. If you are tired of pretentious wine testings then this is the place for you. Enjoy.Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have like Scarborough wines, in particular the Chardonnay for some time but this was our first visit to the Hunter Valley wine region. We visited many nice wineries and restaurants but the Chardonnay Lovers wine tasting experience was by far the top of our list. An extremely personalised experience in a private room, extremely friendly and knowledgable host and a lovely cheese platter and wines. as a club member not only do we get a discount on our wines, the wine tasting experience was free for us and our friends. Highly recommended!!!Written 8 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience wine tasting in the hunter valley area. Recommend it. Looking forward to trying the new restaurant.Written 26 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love this winery, must visit when in the Hunter. Staff are wonderful and very knowledgeable not to mention great wines and the pairing with designer chocolates was the best.Written 15 November 2023
- A fantastic setting within the hunter valley with some excellent wines to taste, I would especially call out our host Sharon Roe, who was very knowledgable and was able to answer all the questions we hadWritten 18 November 2023
- An exceptional wine tasting conducted by a very personable and well informed host. Lana was fantastic and we learnt a lot about the wines and regionWritten 4 November 2023
- Scott looked after us and he was excellent, he was extremely knowledgable about the wines and the history of Tyrrell's.
We enjoyed all of the wines, especially the Vat ones that Scott gave us some of.
Well worth a visit.Written 31 October 2023
- We had an amazing wine tasting at Tamburlaine Winery! Markus was fabulous and so knowledgeable about the range of wines. We learned a lot and had a fabulous time! Amazing wines, terrific atmosphere - looking forward to our next visit!Written 13 September 2023
- My boyfriend and I had the most incredible experience at the Wine House. We booked the Icon Wine Journey and it far exceeded our expectations. It is the most unique and creative wine tasting experience we've ever had. For the Icon Wine Journey you're not limited by what you can taste, you can try any of the wines available to taste. This experience is the best value for money in the region, as you can taste heritage and vintage wines and develop a true appreciation for the wines.
The experience was so enjoyable and memorable because of the staff. Adam was so lovely, very funny and has expert knowledge in wines, winemakers, the region and history. Tonia was an absolute standout, she truly elevated our experience. She was friendly, knowledgable, attentive and engaged with us on a personal level. It felt like having a wine tasting with a close friend. We ended up spending nearly 3 hours there as we just didn't want the fun to end.
Because of this experience and the fantastic staff, we bought 12 bottles of the most delicious and well crafted wines and became wine club members. The Wine House club membership offer is one of a kind in this region, think of it like the Qantas Rewards Program.
If you're visiting the Hunter Valley, this is an absolute must see and do. Cannot recommend this place and experience enough. You'll be thinking about it for a while after.
Thank you so much! We cannot wait to come back!Written 12 August 2023
- Have been to Moorebank a few times now and all I can say AMAZING! Always greeted by Stella the kelpi she’s cute as.
The lovely owners are always happy to see everyone and you need to try the moorescato it is delicious the spicy grape sauce is phenomenal and the lemonade syrup is incredible. 100% my favourite winery in the Hunter valleyWritten 12 November 2023
- What a beautiful place to finish off the day, staff were knowledgeable and fun and bought out beautiful wines to try while we were there bought a few wines as you do.
Can't wait to come back, this is a must do winery and beautiful surroundingsWritten 10 May 2021
- Great winery and friendly knowledgeable team. Loved the Petit Verdot and Fume Blanc but lots of great wines. Loved the view and setting.Written 9 April 2023
- We made a booking for an intimate tasting and it was just that! The interior of the cellar door was absolutely stunning, showcasing their wines and awards (which they so deserve). We were seated in the members room for our tasting and we ended up sitting for 1.5 hrs. Tyrone was our sommelier for our tasting and certainly made our experience. He listened and observed the wines that we liked and didn’t like and tailored our tasting accordingly. He was extremely knowledgeable and answered all of our questions and more.
I can’t recommend making a booking for an intimate tasking and requesting Tyrone enough!
Thank you McGuigan and Tyrone!Written 11 February 2023
- This place was recommended by another winery. ‘Thommo’ is a master wine maker and we did the $20 per head, 60 minute tasting experience. Loved the variety and high standard of both Semillon and Shiraz and the attention and detail provided to make the experience a memorable one.Written 2 October 2022
- We arrived without a booking and our delightful host Jess went above and beyond. Not our usual styles of wine but we were pleasantly surprised by these all occasions, ready to drink wines. A lovely vineyard .Written 13 July 2023