Art Galleries • Wineries & Vineyards
17 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The recently refurbished tasting rooms at Mount Pleasant is absolutely stunning and created the perfect ambience for a most enjoyable wine tasting experience. Mel who took care of us, was also just wonderful with much experience in the industry, and very professional in imparting her vast knowledge on the wines we were served. She certainly added to our appreciation of the wines and the whole experience. We learnt much and will without doubt be picking up more Mount Pleasant wines in the future. Mount Pleasant topped our cellar door experience on this trip.Written 24 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited the markets on a Saturday in September. There was a good selection of markets and some lovely craft works to buy. The only one downside is there was just 1 coffee stall and 1 food stall. I’m not sure if that’s always the case or if it was just the weekend we attended. We got coffee and food from each of them which was very good!Written 1 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Some very good stalls with interesting items. Fairly small markets, it doesn't take up too much time, but definitely worth a visit.Written 23 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Delicious cheeses- the tasting set allows you to try 8 or more cheeses, all quite different from each other. they have a little cafe/ bar too.
Fairly small establishment but a good range of cheese on offer. Staff were friendly and helpful.Written 9 April 2023
- Came from Melbourne to visit friends. Day trip out and had to stop in at Hunterbelle! Service was amazing. Extremely knowledgeable, friendly and efficient!! Best experience!Written 24 November 2023
- This is a great stop with a huge variety of foods available. We chose a couple of blue cheeses and some biscuits. the service was very friendly and helpful and the prices while a bit high were not as bad as some we have seen. If you are looking for cheese, biscuits, chips, sauces, jams, ice cream just about anything you are looking for this is the place for you.Written 29 October 2022
- Big shop with lots to choose from. It also has a small cafe that is a bit like max brenner with some yummy things on the menu like pancakes and dipping chocolate.. I got a nice hot choc and bought a couple of packages choccies.. the hand maid chocolate in the front counter there is cheaper than another choc place we visited so if your going to buy hand made, go to this place.Written 30 July 2023
- We were very happy to walk into the cool aircon, browse through a great range of chocolate, preserves, lollies (and more!), and to enjoy a gelato overlooking the HV landscape. The staff were friendly and helpful, and attentively cleaning the seating area. Great chocolate too!Written 27 December 2022
- I am not a cheese lover but still found lots to love in this shop. Came out with some locally-made jams, chutney and honey as well as snacks. Topped off with a yummy gelato. Sat at a table in the sun to enjoy the fresh air and open space outside.Written 12 April 2022
- What a beautiful and unusual place to shop, full of giftware, jams and charming items to purchase. i found a stunning silk dress amongst it all, which is super comfortable and has become a favourite. Nice, friendly service too!Written 3 November 2019
- byvonne - A Treasure Trove (gift shop extraordinaire) now in the Hunter Valley Gardens Shopping Village!When you visit an area like the Hunter Valley so frequently as we have, you have your favourite spots and things to do, see and visit. And unless you have a strong desire to find new things and support local business, you may miss things of an extraordinary nature. And there are so many brochures and publications (we are staring at 3 major publications as we write this) it is actually hard to find something. So we hope we help you by being the 1st to publish about a fabulous place to explore if you are looking for that special something, either for yourself or as a unique and handmade gift for another.
We only just happened upon an article to learn of a couple who has had such a unique business on the central coast for 5 years. And there it would have remained hidden from us and many others, except for the fact that they have recently moved home and had cause to move the business to the Hunter Valley Gardens Shopping Village.
We have visited the gardens several times but never stopped to walk through the shopping village. We used our longer stay and inquisitive nature to take the time over this Christmas trip and we weren't disappointed.
Where to start? Well, at the byvonne shop door. We were welcomed into the store by Yvonne and later met Ross. And also welcomed by the lovely scent of candles here and candles there. And not just plane candles, but in jars and holders decorated artistically. And then you notice so many other things as well as candles. We could not possibly do justice to the depth and beauty of all offerings in this store. You must visit for yourself.Written 28 December 2021
- Cute little shop in the back of the general store, just follow the bees. So many flavours of honey and all available to taste. I couldnt leave without buying a jar of double cinnamon honey 😍Written 9 May 2019
- Lovely large shop with lots of rocks, crystals and other interesting items to buy. Great place to buy a different gift for someone or just for yourself.Written 30 September 2022
- Veladare Wine Co is home to one of the friendliest winemakers in the Hunter Valley, David Fatches, and some incredible boutique wines. My personal favourites were his Chenin Blanc and his Chardonnay, both clearly inspired by traditional French winemaking. Also, his muscat and Hunter Shiraz were both a little too drinkable.
Dave was very accommodating, took the time to talk about each the wines in detail, and showed us around the winery, even giving us a little taste of some of his works in progress. Aside from that, he also recommended some other great places to visit! I can easily recommend visiting, and will definitely be going back on my next trip to the Hunter.Written 17 June 2013
- I bought a beautiful light weight summery scarf from Yvonne’s shop when she was located on the Central Coast. I wore it ALL the time. Then my toddler son, ever so helpfully, became interested in it, and was never to be seen again!
I decided to go to her shop to purchase another one, only to find out that it had closed due to COVID. I contacted Yvonne via her website and she informed me that they’d moved to the Hunter… but not to worry as she still stocked the scarf and would check inventory when she was next in the new shop.
Yvonne not only got back to me promptly, but was so very kind and beyond helpful. She located a new (replacement) scarf for me, advised via email and then arranged for it to be posted to me. She’s an absolute star and stocks such beautiful items. Cannot recommend Yvonne and her store highly enough!Written 4 December 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Pokolbin
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Pokolbin:See more budget-friendly shopping in Pokolbin on Tripadvisor