Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic view! Staff were really welcoming & knowledgeable. This was the best wine tasting experience we have done in the Hunter Valley.Written 1 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Four of us visited on a Friday afternoon and had a great time. The wines were delicious, the views amazing and the overall experience was laid back and very comfortable. If you are tired of pretentious wine testings then this is the place for you. Enjoy.Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a private tasting of Chardonnay wines in a room overlooking the vineyard accompanied by a delicious cheese platter. Our hostess was knowledgeable, and we enjoyed not only the wines but the engaging conversation.
As members our tasting was without charge and were gifted 2 free bottles on purchasing a case of wine.Written 2 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I experienced the Brokenwood Journey with Amy as our host. We may not have chosen this but it was arranged by our travel company as part of a two day visit to the Hunter Valley. However we thoroughly enjoyed it ,especially exploring the wine and food pairings. I think my palate is shot as I age as I couldn’t taste much difference in the taste of the wine before and after food . The concept is excellent however and much thought had obviously gone into the pairings. It was great to have a personal tour of the winery with Amy who was very knowledgeable and personable. All in all a great experience.Written 22 November 2023
- A series of beautiful gardens laid out around some nice small lakes. Each garden is not extensive but a small taste of different styles.
Well maintained and an easy stroll - picturesque and a wonderful way to while away a few hours.Written 22 October 2023
- Great experience wine tasting in the hunter valley area. Recommend it. Looking forward to trying the new restaurant.Written 26 October 2023
- Tried wine tasting here, every wines served to us was amazing. I have been to hunter several times and this place is the best.Written 30 November 2023
- Group of 20. Catch up from university 40yrs ago. Wine tasting to start. Food was excellent. All dishes were liked. Service very organised, efficient (especially for such a big table) and extremely friendly and engaging. Can certainly recommend for big group, but would go back without hesitation as a couple.Written 22 October 2023
- Villas and wine are excellent! We had a wonderful weekend with my partner. The wine tasting was so good that I became a member.Written 20 November 2023
- Such a great vibe, excellent tastings (bought 4 bottles from the range) our host was relatable, he picked up on our vibe and we enjoyed some fun bantering and humour amongst the tastings. He also recommended wines we wouldn’t usually taste and found we ended up buying those wines as they were delicious to drink.Written 28 October 2023
- A fantastic setting within the hunter valley with some excellent wines to taste, I would especially call out our host Sharon Roe, who was very knowledgable and was able to answer all the questions we hadWritten 18 November 2023
- An exceptional wine tasting conducted by a very personable and well informed host. Lana was fantastic and we learnt a lot about the wines and regionWritten 4 November 2023
- Scott looked after us and he was excellent, he was extremely knowledgable about the wines and the history of Tyrrell's.
We enjoyed all of the wines, especially the Vat ones that Scott gave us some of.
Well worth a visit.Written 31 October 2023
- We had an amazing wine tasting at Tamburlaine Winery! Markus was fabulous and so knowledgeable about the range of wines. We learned a lot and had a fabulous time! Amazing wines, terrific atmosphere - looking forward to our next visit!Written 13 September 2023
- My boyfriend and I had the most incredible experience at the Wine House. We booked the Icon Wine Journey and it far exceeded our expectations. It is the most unique and creative wine tasting experience we've ever had. For the Icon Wine Journey you're not limited by what you can taste, you can try any of the wines available to taste. This experience is the best value for money in the region, as you can taste heritage and vintage wines and develop a true appreciation for the wines.
The experience was so enjoyable and memorable because of the staff. Adam was so lovely, very funny and has expert knowledge in wines, winemakers, the region and history. Tonia was an absolute standout, she truly elevated our experience. She was friendly, knowledgable, attentive and engaged with us on a personal level. It felt like having a wine tasting with a close friend. We ended up spending nearly 3 hours there as we just didn't want the fun to end.
Because of this experience and the fantastic staff, we bought 12 bottles of the most delicious and well crafted wines and became wine club members. The Wine House club membership offer is one of a kind in this region, think of it like the Qantas Rewards Program.
If you're visiting the Hunter Valley, this is an absolute must see and do. Cannot recommend this place and experience enough. You'll be thinking about it for a while after.
Thank you so much! We cannot wait to come back!Written 12 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Pokolbin
- The best outdoor activities in Pokolbin according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Pokolbin on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Pokolbin according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Hunter Valley Wine Tour from Sydney incl Lunch, Cheese, Chocolate and Distillery
- Small-Group Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Tour from Sydney
- Luxury Hunter Valley Wildlife & Wine Tasting Tour from Sydney
- Uncork the Hunter Full Day Hunter Valley Winery Tour
- Award Winning Full Day Wine and Food Experience
Pokolbin Attractions Information
|Wednesday 3:18 am|