7 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Quite a large beach in Newcastle. Can take dogs (and kids!). There's a nice walk beside the beach to the light house too. Beach is patrolled by lifeguards during the day- swim between the flags~Written 9 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a stunning location - we loved the look out with the faux grass perfect for picnics - parking is more challenging but definitely worth a visitWritten 11 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stayed locally and ate locally and loved the beautiful weather and the easy walks along the beach
It’s going to look great when they finish the development
A pity the baths are under repair at this time of year
We will return again though it’s been greatWritten 10 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Top place for a walk and some solitude. Good to be able to get away from the crowds and enjoy some time in nature. Scenic and restfulWritten 6 October 2021
- This sheltered beach was once a women only bathing Beach. Today, it’s a good location to bring your kids too.
Public Male/Female Toilet & Showers
Covered & non-covered seating
Nearby is a kiosk for hot take away food & drinks.Written 11 April 2019
- Nice beach, but not as classy as most of the others nearby. Public housing area so watch your stuff.Written 28 March 2021
- One of Newcastle's memorable beaches and days now limited. Clothing optional. Short walk across rocksWritten 17 March 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Newcastle
- These are the best places for groups seeking beaches in Newcastle:See more beaches for groups in Newcastle on Tripadvisor