Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The Obelisk is a historical monument situated on top of the tallest hill in downtown Newcastle. It is the site of the first water reservoir for reticulation to the city. It's a bit of a stiff climb from the CBD but the views across the city and out to sea are excellent. Signage could be improved and not a lot of seating or shade.Written 31 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It stands proudly near the Newcastle Museum. We see it as we come out of the Rydges Hotel nearby. The kids love to run up to it and pose for photos.Written 19 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Location for this is close to the CBD and easy to get to. Parking available all along the street and nice gardens around. A peaceful place and good spot to reflect and give thanksWritten 7 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- the merchant sailors were the unsung heroes of World War 2 suffering horrific losses. great too see them getting recognitionWritten 16 September 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Newcastle
- These places are best for monuments & statues in Newcastle:See more monuments & statues in Newcastle on Tripadvisor