Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great walk with amazing views. Informative and easy to park. Accessible if mobility limited as you can do a shorter version of the walk.Written 20 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This fort in its present state is relatively new. It also has historical significance for it fired 4 rounds at a Japanese submarine during WW2. The displays are well documented and hold lots of memorable items. Well worth a visit whilst in Newcastle.Written 21 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- For someone like me, that had never the chance to be so close to wild animals, it was really funny. I would have liked to see them in the wild, but I am not so brave to go through the bush! Thanks to the team!Written 27 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Quite a large beach in Newcastle. Can take dogs (and kids!). There's a nice walk beside the beach to the light house too. Beach is patrolled by lifeguards during the day- swim between the flags~Written 9 April 2023
- Situated beach side, the baths were 'chockers' with the beach closed and the sun 'beating'. Worth checking out.Written 27 January 2023
- Next to the excellent visitor centre this relatively small local museum is worth a few minutes of your time. Interesting section on local industry but the area that appealed most to us was the children's science area. Lots of clever stuff, particularly the ability of children (perhapswith a bit of help!) to lift a car off the ground through leverage. Obviously, a museum particularly worth a visit if you have children with you.Written 28 October 2023
- Great place (and busy) to take a stroll- enjoy the sea air, the local birdlife and the sound of crashing waves. Walk is concrete and flat- accessible to all.Written 9 April 2023
- What a stunning location - we loved the look out with the faux grass perfect for picnics - parking is more challenging but definitely worth a visitWritten 11 November 2022
- The Bogey Hole is an ansolute must do! It is a little bit of a walk from the nearest car park and Newcastle Beach but it is well worth it even if you’re not planning to swim. It is spectacular. In July the water was chilly but you get used to it fast and it’s very refreshing.Written 28 September 2023
- Beautiful cathedral surrounded by great grounds and very old cemetery and what a view of Newcastle from its hill position.Written 25 February 2021
- The Newcastle coastline is wonderful - especially on a sunny winters morning. Lots of options of paths along coast, and then back via the lovely homes on the Terrace.Written 26 May 2021
- Absolutely brilliant place for a swim. Great to be in the ocean water but in a protected pool. Best place eva. I'll be back!Written 15 October 2021
- We stayed locally and ate locally and loved the beautiful weather and the easy walks along the beach
It’s going to look great when they finish the development
A pity the baths are under repair at this time of year
We will return again though it’s been greatWritten 10 November 2022
- Top place for a walk and some solitude. Good to be able to get away from the crowds and enjoy some time in nature. Scenic and restfulWritten 6 October 2021
- The walk to the light house is quite nice- flat, easy and scenic. The lighthouse seems to only be open Sat/Sun or cruise ship days. We lucked out on Easter Sunday and had to admire from below.Written 9 April 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Newcastle