42 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 42
What travellers are saying
- An amazing place. We drove our own car in, parked in strategic spots and walked to nearby animals before driving further. So many closeup photo opportunities. We did it in one day but it was a big day. I think if you had children with you it may be better spread over 2 days.Written 22 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were met by one of the volunteer guides (Viv?) who was obviously passionate about this great service. Great interactive displays and lots of information about the history of the service and the importance of the service to regional Australia. Highly recommend if you are visiting Dubbo that you take a few hours to appreciate this service.Written 19 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Overall it was a nice place to visit, I felt like a lot of the really history had been covered up because they only wanted to show some of it, specifically the graffitiWritten 26 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This homestead is a MUST SEE! A splendid look at how people used to live with furnishings inside the home and farm buildings displaying equipment used. The gardens are well presented and building architecture is fascinating. Afterwards stop and have a Devonshire tea or and old fashioned milkshake. People volunteering their time to share this wonderful piece of the past with us were very hospitable.Written 14 September 2023
- A very enjoyable night. Great to be able to see Jupiter, Saturn and even the distant Neptune and other star systems. Mr Starr (yes, that is his name) takes the time so everyone gets a chance to see the highlights. Highly recommended.Written 29 October 2023
- We stopped in to this delightful garden as we departed Dubbo.
Very beautiful and relaxing walk, easy and well maintained paths.
The Japanese Shoyoen Garden was beautiful. Reminded us of our time in Kanazawa. Gorgeous waterfall and the ducks and Koi looked very much at home.
Also enjoyed walking through the biodiversity garden, the Wattle was stunning and just bursting into bloom.
Loved watching all the bird life flitting through the trees. Especially the Red Rumped Parrots.Written 25 July 2023
- Nice wines, the 2018 reisling is our favourite. Home made dumping were fantastic, a little run down but adds to the quirkiness.Written 11 March 2023
- Great displays of all sorts of Dubbo and surrounds history. Great cafe there too and easy parking. Within walking distance of Victoria Park.Written 6 September 2022
- Wonderful playground with play equipment for all ages. We visited this playground twice during our stay cause our eldest liked it so much. Could do with some more shade across the play space though. Pack a spare change of clothes in case your child/ren want to play with the water play area.Written 9 March 2023
- The first place I stopped at in Dubbo was the Visitor Information Centre. Dubbo has so much going on and I wasn't sure what I wanted to see. When I walked into the centre, the most charming older man assisted me with some brilliant ideas. He put me at ease straight away. With his assistance I made the decision to see the Gaol on this visit and if I had time to go to the Japanese Gardens before leaving town.
The Centre is located in Lions Park and it is fairly easy to access. There is a huge rhinoceros at the front of the building which is a charming photo opportunity for anyone wanting selfies. It's beautifully laid out with lots of information inside and local products to purchase.
As they advertise, it really is 'the place to start your adventure'.Written 22 October 2022
- We organised a wedding at Lazy River with the ceremony on the River bank and the reception on site. The whole experience was seamless and the reception was all we had hoped for. It was a great day, assisted by excellent staff who delivered a high standard of service, great food and attentive bar service. It is a lovely location and I would highly recommend Lazy River for this type of function.Written 18 September 2020
- Our internet was down and I couldnt receive emails so visited the Library and weree helped by friendly staff who showed me how to access my emails on the computer there. This is a great service for those who are travelling andd away from home computers as well as a well stocked library with lots of CDs DVDs and books to borrow as well.Written 4 June 2019
- We called in to see the grinding grooves after seeing it on trip advisor. Like other visitors we had a hard time finding the path that lead up to the viewing platform and had I not found a comment on here we would have left without seeing it. Lots of people camping toilets were clean river was beautiful. We were there early evening so by the time we found the viewing platform was starting to get dark. Would have liked more time to exploreWritten 13 July 2022
- Very interesting but would have had no idea it existed if it wasn't for Trip Advisor. There is a small sign near the entrance that says bottle house but that's it. It is on private property so advised to call ahead as we hadn't realised (I hadn't read any of the reviews prior to going) and we felt like we were praying when we did realise.
A man came out to greet us, showed us around and happily chatted to us about everything there.
Good for those who like curios and oddities.Written 8 March 2023
- A great place for local products. Frequently meet for breakfast prior to shopping. Excellent variety of fruit, vegetables, meat and delicious breadsWritten 3 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Dubbo
- The best outdoor activities in Dubbo according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo
- Shoyoen Japanese Garden
- Dubbo Regional Botanic Gardens Adventure Playground
- Maquarie River
- Victoria Park
Dubbo Attractions Information
|Friday 5:57 pm|