18 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A pleasant place to visit, if you wish to get away from the crowds and shops etc, for an hour or so. easily accessible by foot, it has something for all the family - with a special children’s garden, which was pretty cool.Written 27 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Monument Hill in Albury has a 1.1km loop trail which takes about 23 minutes (steep in some places) or you can drive to the top and park. The monument area displays World War 1 and 11 memorials and features fantastic views over Albury and the walking track. There are lots of plaques with information to read. The monument is beautifully designed and presented with the area looked after immaculately. (toilets onsite) Take a walk or drive and enjoy this area.Written 7 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Free camping area , scenic views, toilets, bbq area. Dogs allowed and small fires. Very quiet area. Was filling up by end of day. Can park on water front or further back. Lovely area.Written 7 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I always love the river. You can stay on the banks and relax any time of the day. The facilities - toilets, BBQ, walking paths, coffee, icecream shop - are exceptional.Written 27 May 2023
- The single staff member at the Tourist Information was very pleasant and knowledgeable. There was a fair amount of literature that she gave us to study for our cycling on the nearby rail trails. It’s located near the railway station in Albury and is very central.Written 25 May 2023
- I’ve seen some new, modern, large childrens playgrounds before but this one is just stunning and it’s big. If you have small children and want them to burn some energy, take them here. There is every type of childrens apparatus in the one place and was a very worthwhile visit.Written 29 December 2022
- We always love stopping off at the library museum. It might be a small town but there are always interesting and unique displays. A worthwhile stop for anyone travelling through Albury.Written 2 January 2023
- Very welcoming staff and such interesting exhibits. I love the little hidden sculptures for the kids to find. Well worth a look if you’ve got a hour or so to spend in Albury.Written 23 March 2023
- Located out the front of a gardening shop and cafe this stunning memorial to an icon of Albury is such a fitting tribute. Not only to Albert Borella but to all those other Australians to be awarded the Victoria Cross.Written 28 December 2022
- Lovely old country station. Well cared for and very picturesque . No trains when I visited. Very close to town centreWritten 26 January 2023
- The walk or cycle along the riverbank is so gorgeous you run the risk of getting sucked into the bush and never returning. I just couldn't turn back because I didn't want to miss what was around the next bend. Gorgeous sandy riverbanks, wetlands, birds, birds, birds, and an utterly stunning sunny winter's day. I love the Murray! Who knew?Written 23 June 2022
- Easy walk, combined with the wetlands and along the banks of the murray river. Loved the Kookaburras the most!Written 3 October 2022
- Fabulously interesting. Was in flood, but got to see lots of wildlife! Turtles, bin chickens and plenty more!Great walk connecting the wetlands with the sculpture walk. About 5kms and an easy walk, really interesting walk along the murray.Written 3 October 2022
- Nice and quiet and a good range of DVDs and books to choose from. It's small but we'll stocked and lots of help available.Written 3 September 2020
- A great way to exercise in what is an absolute jewel in the regional crown for the district of Albury.What a fantastic walk and terrific destinations. A real jewel in the regional crown for the district of Albury.
Walk from the Monument or the Botanic Gardens along the trail , beside the Might Murray River and past the 'Bat Viewing Area' (you can't miss them as they are very noisy!), for 30 mins and you reach the Kremur St Boat ramp (has toilets) then another 30 mins along the beautiful trail to Horseshoe Lagoon. Another 30 mins and you are at the Wonga Wetlands (has toilets).
It is possible to park and join the trail at each of those points.
The path is wide and amazingly popular.Written 9 August 2020