9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A pleasant place to visit, if you wish to get away from the crowds and shops etc, for an hour or so. easily accessible by foot, it has something for all the family - with a special children’s garden, which was pretty cool.Written 27 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Free camping area , scenic views, toilets, bbq area. Dogs allowed and small fires. Very quiet area. Was filling up by end of day. Can park on water front or further back. Lovely area.Written 7 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I always love the river. You can stay on the banks and relax any time of the day. The facilities - toilets, BBQ, walking paths, coffee, icecream shop - are exceptional.Written 27 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I’ve seen some new, modern, large childrens playgrounds before but this one is just stunning and it’s big. If you have small children and want them to burn some energy, take them here. There is every type of childrens apparatus in the one place and was a very worthwhile visit.Written 29 December 2022
- The walk or cycle along the riverbank is so gorgeous you run the risk of getting sucked into the bush and never returning. I just couldn't turn back because I didn't want to miss what was around the next bend. Gorgeous sandy riverbanks, wetlands, birds, birds, birds, and an utterly stunning sunny winter's day. I love the Murray! Who knew?Written 23 June 2022
- Easy walk, combined with the wetlands and along the banks of the murray river. Loved the Kookaburras the most!Written 3 October 2022
- Fabulously interesting. Was in flood, but got to see lots of wildlife! Turtles, bin chickens and plenty more!Great walk connecting the wetlands with the sculpture walk. About 5kms and an easy walk, really interesting walk along the murray.Written 3 October 2022
- A great way to exercise in what is an absolute jewel in the regional crown for the district of Albury.What a fantastic walk and terrific destinations. A real jewel in the regional crown for the district of Albury.
Walk from the Monument or the Botanic Gardens along the trail , beside the Might Murray River and past the 'Bat Viewing Area' (you can't miss them as they are very noisy!), for 30 mins and you reach the Kremur St Boat ramp (has toilets) then another 30 mins along the beautiful trail to Horseshoe Lagoon. Another 30 mins and you are at the Wonga Wetlands (has toilets).
It is possible to park and join the trail at each of those points.
The path is wide and amazingly popular.Written 9 August 2020
- Giant Flying Fox, large climbing rope structure, play equipment, paths for teaching kids to ride their bikes. barbecue area, toilets. What a great place for the grandkids to run around and have a picnic.Written 21 February 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Albury