- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The croc bikes are great fun. Three or six seaters - we had three adults and the 3-seater was fine (none of us are large). You can hire for an hour or half an hour. Oriental Parade to Queens Wharf. We hired for an hour which was good; you wouldn't need any longer.
Great idea if you've got a bit of time to fill. We had to be at the airport late morning, so the croc bike gave us something fun to do before catching our ride.Written 31 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We hired two fantastic electric bikes that were so comfortable to ride. I would have no hesitation in recommending this company or their bikes.Written 22 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We don't have any bikes so hire the bikes from the bike shed. The staffs are very helpful and professional! They recommended suitable bikes for us according to our physical condition and standard. Very professional! They also gave us hints about the weather. Thanks so much! The condition of the bikes are good, clean and new. We are very happy with everything, their service and the bike. There are repair kit in the bag at the back. It is really nice to have them although we didn't need it.
The ride was enjoyable. It wasn't too hard for us as beginners. The view was stunning too! highly recommend for family, couples and friends!Written 27 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did the 3 day all inclusive Rimutaka Cycle Tour with Wildfinder. Everything was very organised and well run. They picked us up from the ferry in days bay and gave us all our maps of everything we needed for the trip. All the accommodation they booked for us was great and the food was good too. The team at Wildfinder kept in touch with us the whole time and were all really helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed our 3 day cycle trip and would highly recommend Wildfinder! Thanks again for everything.Written 30 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I tried to surf when i was a teenager but it didn't stick. Roll forward 25 years and Wellington Surf Lessons finally got me across the line. When i was younger I just got a board off my mate who was an expert surfer and never learned to stand up and surf properly. Wellington Surf Lessons however make sure you have a decent begginer softboard which makes it way easier to catch waves, stand and balance. Combined with the coaching which broke everything down well from surf safety to the mechanics of surfing i managed to stand and ride in on the first lesson.
I'd recommend a couple of beginners lessons choosing a different coach each time and taking notes post the session for later reference. You pick up a few things you missed or didn't stick properly the 1st time round and while ~85% of the content is the same the different approaches and extra variety of content between coaches really helps solidify learnings.Written 22 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We decided last minute to do a bike ride. Short stroll from our hotel to hire bikes here. The guy that served us was great showed us the 40km cycle around the coast. Bikes were well serviced and made to measure before we left $60 for two bikes for the day we felt was a great deal. The ride on a sunny winter day was amazing.Written 8 July 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Wellington
- These places are best for equipment hire in Wellington:
- Wellington Mountain Bike Shuttles and E-bike adventures
- Switched on Bikes
- Wildfinder | Pencarrow
- The Enormous Crocodile Company