Taxis & Shuttles • Beer Tastings & Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We did the 3 day all inclusive Rimutaka Cycle Tour with Wildfinder. Everything was very organised and well run. They picked us up from the ferry in days bay and gave us all our maps of everything we needed for the trip. All the accommodation they booked for us was great and the food was good too. The team at Wildfinder kept in touch with us the whole time and were all really helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed our 3 day cycle trip and would highly recommend Wildfinder! Thanks again for everything.Written 30 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were more than fortunate to have chosen to do a Private Martinborough Foodie & Wine Delights Tour with Kaewa Tours and Tour Guide & Owner Tom Collier at the wheel. A pick up from our Wellington Hotel and a scenic and informative trip over the Rimatakas to Martinborough was the start of a full day of wine, food, area information and laughter. We sampled cheese, chocolates, wine and Olive Oil with Helen at Olivo Olive Estate a highlight. Another highlight was a lunch at Poppies and a box of wine sent home to enjoy on our return. We were also given a goodie bag to return to our hotel with that was an extra special touch. I suggest if you haven’t been and you get the chance - book with Tom & Kaewa Tours - It was superb!!!Written 19 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- After taking the cable car to the top for the view We were not expecting to find this unique tour. As a wheelchair user I didnt think it would be possible but....
A tour with Mark around Wellington was a highlight of our trip and brilliant lasting memory - we would highly recommend it.
He’s a top bloke!Written 11 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- There were 4 couples in a mini bus and Anthony showed us all the sights in 4 hours with great commentary and answers to questions. We got out of the bus many times, including at 2 high-point lookouts, 2 beach-side viewpoints, the world's steepest street, the University and the Weta Cave workshop for "Lord of the Rings" film-making. Anthony pointed out the film director's, Peter Jackson's, house and lots of other trivia. All passengers agreed that the tour was excellent value.Written 8 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We spent 3 nights in Wellington, NZ. We were picked up and redelivered to the airport by BlackCars. We did a Wellington City tour on our first full day and a Martinborough wine country tour our second full day. BJ was our driver/guide for both days. Our experience was second to none. We got in more than we would have expected each day because BJ went out of his way to always go the extra yard. He’s not only extremely knowledgeable about the area but he serves it up in such a kind & gentle manner. He’s welcomed wherever he brought us and, as his clients, we were always the recipient of of the best service ever. He’s easy to spend full days with and very quickly identifies your likes & dislikes. Our time in Wellington was memorable and a pleasure. I chalk most of it up to our friend, BJ!Written 24 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I booked online and was asked for my credit card details. It was not clear that my credit card was going to be charged for the ride.
When the driver dropped us off he charged us for the ride (a different and higher price than was quoted online). He said that entering the credit card details online was to secure the booking and I had pay him.
When I checked my credit card account later I noticed that I was charged twice. I sent them an email and it took a while before I got a response. They were going to investigate it and eventually they responded that they were going to return the money. It took 3 weeks before I had my money back.
The taxi ride and driver were fine but they should communicate better with their drivers if a ride is booked and charged online. They should also handle complaints a bit faster: not taking three weeks to rectify an obvious mistake on their side.Written 27 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Wellington
- These places are best for taxis & shuttles in Wellington:
- Kaewa Tours Ltd
- Wellington Mountain Bike Shuttles and E-bike adventures
- Steven Lynd
- Sidecar Taxi & Tours