23 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We purchased the round trip ticket but once you walk around & visit the gardens below, it is easier to exit near there rather than going back up in order to take the cable car down. We enjoyed the museum & gardens very much.Written 5 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Interislander is a great way to travel between the North and South Islands. These are huge boats and you can even bring your own car. It’s about a three hour trip between Wellington and Picton. I tend to get a bit seasick, but not if I’m able to stand outside and enjoy the gorgeous views. I’ve seen plenty of seabirds, including an albatross, and dolphins following along side. I was in NZ in 2023 but didn’t take the Interislander this trip. I have a few times in past visits.Written 29 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We used this ferry to visit Eastbourne for the day. The tickets were easy to purchase; there is a ticket office near the waterfront close to where the boat is. I found the staff onboard friendly and helpful.Written 24 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Modern ferry with options for all. Food was good but pricy. Our trip included the family car and that is where Bluebridge falls down a bit. It can take ages to get off the ferry so plan accordingly.Written 3 July 2023
- There were 4 couples in a mini bus and Anthony showed us all the sights in 4 hours with great commentary and answers to questions. We got out of the bus many times, including at 2 high-point lookouts, 2 beach-side viewpoints, the world's steepest street, the University and the Weta Cave workshop for "Lord of the Rings" film-making. Anthony pointed out the film director's, Peter Jackson's, house and lots of other trivia. All passengers agreed that the tour was excellent value.Written 8 April 2020
- Tom was a really great companion to spend the day with. My husband was under the weather and couldn’t join us and Tom was so flexible. He made some changes on the fly so that this day tour was suited solely to my interests. My husband was the one most interested in the wine and he made sure I went to the wineries my husband was so excited about. I was able to bring home the wine he missed tasting. We visited an amazing chocolate shop and I had some time to shop around. We tooled around Wellington to see some sights and rode the cable car. Our lunch at Poppies was fantastic! He took tons of pictures and sent them all to me. It was a wonderful day with a delightful gentleman! Thanks Tom!!!!Written 4 December 2023
- Fabulous day out cycling the trail on the Wildfinder eBikes. Easy to use, great customer service, highly recommend.Written 17 April 2023
- Thanks Aaron for a very impressive tour. We welcomed your knowledge of the area, wine and food, making it all a very enjoyable day tour. The wine choices and vineyards were superb and we were very grateful and happy with your menu choices at lunch. It really was a case of Trust the Chef . Thoroughly recommended , many thanks to you and your student SusieWritten 20 October 2023
- I caught the Airport Flyer with my four young nephews both from the airport to Wellington central and back again. Both times the drivers where friendly and helpful, the service was on time, the bus clean and the route great. However, it was not really the service the advert says. On the website the service is advertised as a bus specifically designed for airport travel with leather seats and extra luggage storage. Really it is just the same layout as a standard travel or city school bus - complete with all the usual warnings. The 10x a normal bus price extra was worth it for the airport pick-up and drop-off while travelling with 4 kids, but if I was on my own a local bus with the 10 min walk to the bus would have been much better value.Written 30 January 2020
- This was great! So lucky to get a ride from Mark. Great fun riding in the side car with my hubby on the back of the bike. Super guide.Written 31 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Wellington
- These experiences are best for transportation in Wellington:
- InterIslander Ferry - Wellington to Picton
- Northern Explorer Train Journey from Wellington to Auckland
- Departure Transfer: Wellington Central City Centre Hotels to Wellington Airport
- Arrival Transfer: Wellington Airport to Central Wellington City Centre Hotels
- Wellington Airport(WLG) to Wellington-Round-Trip Private Transfer
- These are the best places for kid-friendly transportation in Wellington:See more transportation for children in Wellington on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking transportation in Wellington:See more transportation for groups in Wellington on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly transportation in Wellington:See more budget-friendly transportation in Wellington on Tripadvisor