Military Museums • Speciality Museums
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- for ages I have seen this war memorial either on tv or in pictures and have always wanted to go and visit, personally I quite like seeing all the different war memorials there are around, so I made sure I had the time to be able to come and see this memorial when I had visited Wellington, I would have gone along to the Dawn service there also, maybe next time when I go back. Once again a pretty amazing MemorialWritten 9 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We managed to go on the second to last day of this amazing exhibition. The Quinns Post Experience was fantastic. Our tour guide was very knowledgable and passionate, and transported you back in time as she explained the history. A shame this exhibition was closing as I know of several people who would love to have gone to it.Written 4 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This museum is free and a bit tricky to find as you need to enter a building on The Terrace, walk through then follow the sign. It’s self-guided, there are headphones near the entrance. You can see an old cell, weapons made by prisoners, old and current uniforms, but also learn about the reinsertion programme which is quite impressive. There is a short movie explaining what happens once someone is arrested by the police. Interesting museum to visit if you have some time.Written 14 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Wellington
- These places are best for military museums in Wellington:See more military museums in Wellington on Tripadvisor