Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- I went to Cable Beach to see what all the fuss was about. Well, it didn't let me down. a vast, magnificent beach where many people were observing the sun sinking over the water. The colors of the sunset nearly hypnotized you into a feeling of complete serenity when there was little cloud cover.Written 16 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went here for the footprints but honestly should have taken the tour, it was VERY hot...sooo HOT, had a nice mooch about in spite of the lack of footprints.
Did I mention it was very HOT !Written 12 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had such an awesome time at BBO!! The landscapes were amazing, the colours incredibly rich and vivid - and the birds and wildlife fascinating and prolific! Accommodation was comfortable (and cheap), and the staff always friendly and knowledgeable. If you are going, definitely do every bird tour that you can as these are excellent for seeing, identifying as well as understanding the birds and the different habitats. I will definitely be back - would go tomorrow if I could! Everyone should visit BBO if in the area - whether you are a dedicated birder or just interested in nature - it's a wonderful experience!Written 23 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's incredible how close you can get to these enormous creatures at the Croc Park, which is a must-visit tourist attracIt's also fairly priced and a fantastic location to buy gifts. This is exciting for people of all ages, and getting to handle the newborn crocodiles during feeding time is a pleasure!Written 16 October 2023
- It is really beautiful to appreciate such a famous location, but you should bring extra padding because the seats do become uncomfortable after some time. Gold class it is not! Additionally, depending on the season, it might become a little chilly in the nights. It is like going back in time and is definitely worth include on the schedule.Written 16 October 2023
- Slightly pessimistic walking around the building and closed veranda gates, but actually really impressed.
I was keen to understand the whole Japanese and China town culture in Broom and once you work out where to start in this museum, you can learn and see a lot.
The large printer interp is good and tells the story with some artefacts to add texture. When the interp runs out though, I wasn’t really sure what was going on.
Considering it it’s volunteer run it’s a great little place but I would make it clearer where the start is and look to add more interp on the outer walls to add some context as to what everything is ‘after the war’.
Worth a visit.Written 31 October 2023
- The markets happen at a different frequency to the actual moon event. It’s worth googling this.
We went on the Friday in October and the markets were a great addition and was very well attended with some great food stalls too.
There is plenty of space to see the moon event with stone and wall seating all across the foreshore.
For us, the best view is at the entrance to the jetty and not in the park.
We attended all 3 nights of the moon event in October and it was too cloudy on all the nights so didn’t see it.
It’s hit miss, maybe.Written 31 October 2023
- Popped in to ask for some information and was assisted by an extremely pleasant and helpful young Lady. She gave us all the information we needed and a few suggestions as well which were very helpful. She arranged bookings for us and ensured that we were understood everything about the tour before we left. A HUGE thank you to Shine for her assistance and professionalism all done in a cheerful and happy manner.Written 1 September 2023
- A visit here is a must in Broome. Never realised Broome had been bombed. The silent statues at the beginning of the peer really touched my heart - to hear the Japanese families who had worked all the pearling lugs interned and loosing everything durring WW2. Town Beach has great water park for the children and hosts severtal markets. Also the place to be for the staircase to the moon experience.Written 6 August 2023
- This lovely, hand crafted chapel has stood for many years, not a destination on its own but if you are travelling up the peninsula then very worth the short diversion off road to visit.
A $10 admission ( honesty box) is requested.Written 26 July 2023
- Such a great cave experience. I was a little apprehensive at first due to the things I had read but well worth a visit. There is a 20 m swim in very cool water in a dark cave but that’s the scariest bit. Make sure you have a head torch and a dry bag for the swim. Saw a few younger children so even they managed the swimWritten 15 September 2023
- Broome is an interesting place to visit. The history of the town is significant. Cable Beach is beautiful and the sunsets are stunning. Aa sunset camel ride on Canle Beach was a highlight.Written 8 June 2023
- Great market and to be expected lots of pearls to buy at a far cheaper rate than the shops. If your not fussy where they come from some very good quality on sale.
Lots of choices
Good food selectionsWritten 27 August 2022
- This is the final resting place for 900 Japanese pearl divers who died working in Broome's pearl industry. Most of the headstones are made of sandstone and are of various shapes and styles. Most are carved with the name, birthplace, and date of death of the deceased person. Some headstones have a cross. These are believed to mark those Japanese who converted to Catholicism after being taken care of by nuns at the local hospital. This cemetery is thought to be the largest one outside of Japan.Written 3 February 2023
- Our visit didn’t coincide with the full moon, so we missed the experience of the “stairway to heaven”. The Bay is expansive and the crystal blue water is a distinct feature. There are good views from both the viewing platform and other vantage points in Broome.Written 9 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Broome
- The best day trips from Broome according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Broome to Horizontal Falls Half Day Adventure
- Fly The Falls Tour
- Dampier Peninsula Adventure 4WD Tour from Broome with Optional Return Flight
- Horizontal Falls & Dampier Peninsula Discovery Tour
- Buccaneer Explorer