7 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Whether you walk, cycle, hike or mountain bike, the Capital City Trai is a great way to see inner city Melbourne. The Trail forms a loop around the center of the City. It's 18 miles (30km) from the start in Southbank and back again. The Yarra Bend Park has a vast collection of waterbirds. The Inner City Trail treks through Melbourne's inner city. There are many things to see, it's best to work out a schedule, according to how you want to spend your day.Written 17 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Tan Track circumambulates Melbourne's Botanic Garden. The Track is not concrete, rather it is a compacted earth track. It's easy to find, just take your runners and ask your concierge for directions.Written 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of many trains in south east Mel;bopurnme. This one starts around Warrigul Rd where it splits from Gardiners Creek Trail.
Essentially it follows (to commence with) an obsolete steam rail line until it reached Alamain Railway station. At this stage it becomes largely a footpath along the electrified train line.
The paths themselves are well maintained and are shared with cyclists
It is my aim to keep walking sections until I reach Melnbourne. I am looking forward to the Camberwell part of the trip where once again it reverts to na disused rail lineWritten 24 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Came here with family for a day out to do the 1,000 steps track. It had something for everyone as not all could do the challenging walk. Some opted to stay at the playground and some did the easy track. There were lots of people for a weekday and a large school group but it did not deter the experience we all had which was enjoyable. Topped it off with lunch at the cafe on site.Written 27 December 2019
- very interesting self guided walk that teaches you about the history of the local indigenous people. download the brochure online too get more info. end your walk the charcoal lane restaurant that is run by mission australia and that employs many local aboriginalsWritten 5 February 2017
- The Herbarium Discovery Walk is contained in the Royal Botanic Gardens. For anyone with an interest in plants, it is quite fascinating. It is quite easy to find. The Discovery Walk is not all that long, but it does have a satisfying level of informative material. The Botanic Gardens visitor centre is located on Birdwood Avenue.Written 7 May 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Melbourne
- These experiences are best for hiking trails in Melbourne:
- Small Group - 12 Apostles, Otways & Great Ocean Road Day Tour from Melbourne
- Grampians National Park with Kangaroos and MacKenzie Falls from Melbourne
- Small Group - Wilsons Promontory Hiking Day Tour from Melbourne
- Small-Group Grampians Great Wilderness Escape Day Trip with Hiking
- Melbourne Short Break Holiday to the Great Ocean Road & Grampians 3 Day Escape
- These are the best places for budget-friendly hiking trails in Melbourne:See more budget-friendly hiking trails in Melbourne on Tripadvisor