9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I enjoyed the round I did there - 18 holes, Cart and beer was nearly $80 though...
Melbourne has some amazing courses a little bit out of the city for cheaper but the beauty of this one is location.
Some amazing views if played in evening looking onto city skyline.Written 18 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Looks like an old course that the locals have been cherishing for decades. Only 9 holes with 4 of them being par 3’s. A small clubhouse (if you could call it that), a couple practice nets and the train line bordering the course. There’s a creek that splits the course and enough trees to make you want to hit true. Your driver will only be needed for 3 holes and you’ll have plenty of use with the short irons. A good beginners course but still fun for a relaxing round for more experienced players. Condition of the course is reasonable enough but it is what it is.Written 10 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The course is okayish but not great. I would give it a 6,5 on a scale of ten, just good enough but certainly not 'very good'. The course pretends to be better than it is and this has not so much to do with the layout but more with the quality of the maintenance. The fairways are not full of grass, the walking paths are hobby etc.
I immediately can understand that quite some members can have a good day out here but less interesting for visitorsWritten 17 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I wanted to take a tour to see the Phillip Island Penguin Parade. We looked at several tour companies, but all of them featured other stops that we weren’t really interested in. Then we found Australian Private Tours and decided to see what they could customize for us. Company owner Cameron responded quickly and was very easy to work with, helping set up an itinerary that included stopping at places my wife and I wanted to see that weren’t included in the large group tour itineraries.
He was able to include stops in Sam Remo to watch the wild pelican feed and at Churchill Island Heritage Farm, both of which we really enjoyed. We ended the day at the Penguin Parade. Our guide Simon picked us up in Melbourne. In San Remo, he helped us find where to quickly grab lunch so we could watch the pelican feed and head off again to have plenty of time to see the activities we wanted to watch at Churchill Island Heritage Farm. After we left the farm, he was able to show us some extra sites and provide us with a lot of interesting facts and insights about what it is like to live in the area. He has spent a lot of time on Phillip Island because his parents own a home there. We really appreciated Simon’s knowledge and the fact that Cameron found us a guide with a local connection.
Simon took us to see the Nobbies before we headed to the Penguin Parade, and we are so glad that this was included, because it may be one of the most beautiful areas we have ever seen. We hadn’t actually requested to go there, only because we didn’t really think we would have time to see it due to the specific timing of the other things we had planned for the day. That is why it was so great having Simon and Cameron’s expertise! Simon also knew just when to arrive at the Nobbies and then leave there and head to the Penguin Parade to beat the big crush of people on large group tours at both places. He was also attentive to small details that made a big difference for us timewise since the Penguin Parade visitor’s centre doesn’t even open until 4:00 PM, and we had to order food there and eat it as well as check out the gift shop in a pretty short timeframe before needing to assemble for the Ultimate Adventure Tour that Cameron was able to book for us. Simon offering to run our gift shop purchase out to his van and even just grabbing sauce for our chips saved us precious time and made our experience there more relaxing rather than rushed.
If you want to go to Phillip Island or pretty much anywhere else in Australia, we highly recommend Australian Private Tours. It was so nice to be able to go where we wanted to go instead of where the large group tour companies go and to have an expert to guide us and help us while we were there.Written 19 September 2023
- An absolutely memorable, incredible day on the Great Ocean Road! My husband and I traveled from the US, and Matt tailored the tour based on our interests. Prior to the tour, he was highly communicative and extremely helpful guiding us with recommendations. Matt is local to the area and is deeply experienced, so he has a vast knowledge and appreciation which conveys throughout the day. This made the journey more impactful. We also appreciated he supported local businesses, and we had the opportunity to meet and talk to these friendly folks. Matt also went out of his way to find wildlife, which was the highlight of the day! What a trip! Thank you, Matt! When you come back to Arizona, look us up!Written 24 October 2023
- This company needs to end its affiliation with Inspiring Vacations. The tour itself was what you would expect, I think, never having been on a tour before. Took in the obvious aspects of Viet Nam and Cambodia. Guides were a bit mixed.
Hanoi - tour guide, Dat, was amazing! Such a lovely man, so patient and knowledgeable; went above and beyond for each and every one of us, even those who really didn't deserve it. Dat is everything you could ask for in a tour guide and Asia Vac Group is lucky to have him.
Hoi An - tour guide, Billy, had another job and was useless as a guide. I will leave it at that.
Ho Ch Minh - Guide was fun and informative.
Siem Reap - Guide was excellent again.
The issue with this tour was, as I said, the fact that it was organised via Inspiring Vacations - an Australian company whose ineptitude directly led to every single member of our 30+ group losing thousands of extra dollars on visas and missed plane connections.
Please, Asia Vacations, sever ties and improve your own outlook.Written 22 July 2023
- Easy going clean car can’t fault
Water in the vehicle baby available very helpful explaining were to find placesWritten 19 October 2019