Fishing Charters & Tours • Kayaking & Canoeing
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Kayaking was fantastic, and my family had a great time. It was an excellent bonding experience for all of us!Written 7 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hey guys, Went out on a snapper charter with Fish On Charters with Matt Boulton as the skipper. can say i was beyond impressed with Matt's knowledge of snapper in PPB.
due to its early season only managed to bag one fish for the morning but was totally worth every cent. could not ask for a better boat to fish on with its space and also was able to stay nice and dry with the amount of cover on the boat due to the rain earlier in the morning. Due to fishing being a little slow Matt was showing us all the basics and knowledge needed to fish for snapper. Honestly one of my personal best fishing experience and would totally recommend this charter to anybody as i will definitely be going back again.Written 9 October 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent and Professional in all aspects of our Charter. and we all took home a great feed of a SnapperCaptain Jayson Turner was Very Friendly and helpful in all regards , helping everybody on board to catch a fish even if it was their 1sr time. Nothing was a hassle and smiles and laughter all round. Thanks very much againWritten 19 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I am reading what is written on here about these guys & I am amazed, I have been fishing with these guys a few times over the past three years & have found them absolutely pleasant people & knowledgeable in what they do. The complaints I see are regarding no fish or small fish, cancelled due to weather predictions & the BBQ & fish gutting & scaling. so I decided to go with them again last weekend whilst the fish were not plentiful I caught the biggest Flathead I have ever seen. I asked the guys why there is no sausage sizzle any more as I had noticed it was not advertised on the vouchers this time, they told me it was due to the health regulations requiring food handling certificates, a foot operated sink, exhaust fan etc, I said to them other charter boats are still cooking, they then said that they were not prepared to break the law & there is only one charter boat that departs from here that still cook's none of the others cook any more. I then asked why they do not clean the fish anymore & was advised that there are signs at the ramp asking everyone to take their fish home & clean them not to clean them at the ramp which is Parks Victoria's regulations. We intend on continuing to fish with these guys in the future even though there seems to be some changes but we accept this is not in their control.Written 19 February 2013
- James Rogers of Unreel Fishing is tge best, has most success and a gentleman, great gear on board and is also one of the cheapest, book early as he fills up especially in snapper seasonWritten 24 August 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Melbourne