Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Did the restuarant dinner Cruise. Excellent staff. Great food. The lights of Melbourne we dazzling.
Thought we could have had more information about what we were passing, historical facts etc
Well worth the experience.Written 13 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a revegetated gem, with the park split into two main areas that being a conservation area and recreation zone. The recreation area is located on the left hand side as you drive through the main entrance off Mason Street, into Lakes Drive onto the carpark.
This area has BBQs and an arboretum with a maturing collection of pines and other trees from around the world. If you are into botany then this would be an attraction in itself especially with the harsh local conditions - averaging 400-600 mm of rain a year.
The right hand side which is clearly a bushland zone with eucalypt's, acacias and other local indigenous plants. These plants attract various birds in particular over the year and as they mature further more diverse animals have been moving in. This is a conservation area and as such leave nothing but footprints and take plenty of photos is the motto for this area.
The paths give you great access around the park and they are quite natural.
The lakes at the bottom have a rock crossing which kids love to navigate, with an interpretation sign that displays the food web around the lakes here. The message here is around nature and reducing our impacts such as feeding the birds which is quite detrimental to the birds and the lakes. It encourages pest species such as carp and mosquito fish whilst also fouling the water encouraging outbreaks of algae especially in summer. The salt in bread also causes developmental issues in young birds such as signets.
Birds also tend to associate people with food and can lead to issues around swans attacking children believe it or not, and young adolescent kids attacking unsuspecting birds looking for a free feed.
It's awesome for a walk and enjoy the delights of the bush with only a stone throw away from the city.
Enjoy!Written 24 June 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The fact that the lake is no longer pink is not that relevant as this lake and the Westgate Park could be something very special, but it is not even good. It can be best described as scruffy bush and dead water or swamps under the West Gate Bridge and has so much potential. Sitting on the edge of the city this large area could become a feature of Melbourne with river views, the city sky-line and a fantastic recreation area. It falls so well short it is sad.Written 15 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Melbourne
- These places are best for bodies of water in Melbourne:See more bodies of water in Melbourne on Tripadvisor