30 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Absolutely fantastic! The puzzles were not as easy as other venues can be and the effort in decorating and utilizing the entire space was brilliant!Written 4 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went to complete the Deep Space: Divinity story with the family for a birthday. The room was beautiful and immersive with really cool sets, lighting, and sound design, our 'AI companion' who helped us, Enkidu, was super sweet and helpful, and the puzzles were super cool and fun to complete. We though they balanced urgency and there being enough time to complete tasks perfectly as well, which was really important as we were completely new to any sort of escape room.
We're definitely hoping to come back, although we can't decide if we want to do the next Deep Space adventure or The Crumbling Prince, as we were shown that room as well and it looks so gorgeous!Written 22 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I took my 10 and 8 year old to this virtual game experience and we had a ball - we will be back what a great place and awesome funWritten 27 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Challenging, but fun. Great way to spend an afternoon extending the old grey matter. Will definitely do another one when in town again.Written 24 March 2022
- Did the Sanctum. It was awesome. Would recommend this game. Story line was great. We all had fun and made immediate booking for second sessionWritten 31 December 2021
- We did the Gaol Break room, we were a little nervous as had only done escape rooms as part of a bigger group (was just 2 of us). Without spoiling the room i felt like it worked perfectly and the staff flashed up a hint on a screen when we got stuck.
Room had some clever puzzles, and staff were excellent. Will be back on our next trip to Melbourne to try another room.Written 13 November 2023
- We ended up with my nephew with us after our babysitter fell through and they were more than happy to accomodate and let him come in with us. He absolutely loved it and our game master made him feel so important and part of our team. We really enjoyed it and this is the best place we’ve been for an escape room.Written 10 October 2023
- Room was great. Wanted room was a good one for the kids. Host was amazing and very helpful. Loved it.Written 27 August 2023
- Did the Annabelle room,
The room was scary, and well put together, the challenges were fun, we escaped with only one hint (we didn't find it too challenging)
The staff were good at the start, however when we escaped we felt they weren't really interested in talking to us, just said thanks cya later, (most times the staff at other places have been keen for a genuine chat about the room and what not) was all good though I suppose we paid for the escape room not to talk to the staff,
Was a good room though, definitely the favourite out of the 5 or so I've done
Definitely worth doing, I haven't done the others there but if you are going to do one here pick this one you won't be let downWritten 3 October 2023
- We booked for our family to celebrate my sons 14th birthday. A family of five with kids aged 14, 11 and 8. The 8year old was able to participate although got a bit bored by the end as she wasn’t able to help us when we got stuck. 11 year old loved it as did mum and dad. Birthday boy had great fun too.
Was fairly expensive for our family to do and a drink afterwards added to that expense - but was needed by us all.
Room where the bar is, was great - games for you to play and had a fun atmosphere.Written 15 September 2023
- We've done a number of rooms before and to compare LXM we'd have to say excellence isn't far away if not already. The friendly staff were great and helpful when needed and provided well worded hints and nothing more to spoil it.
The puzzles were challenging and required you to think logically and sometimes abstractly. The only critical point I could make is some of them didn't 'flow' as well as some others, leading to some unnecessary confusion.
That aside, this is how great rooms are done. Very worth it.Written 8 December 2016
- One of the better escape rooms in Melbourne. The puzzles weren't the most difficult but were satisfying and the story was really immersing. Highly recommend our game master Beth. She even gave us tea because we were freezing. Such friendly service and passionate staff. We want a sequel! #justiceforhenryWritten 19 August 2023
- The atmosphere in the escape room was great because of the tension it created and the special effects that were used.Written 7 April 2023
- My first escape room, it has good storyline, props and was challenging. I enjoyed it with the family.Written 25 April 2018
- First time at Lost Australia Station and won't be the last!
Castioglione was one of the easier rooms, even then, the staff were really supportive when giving us hints along the way. Room design, props, fun storyline (which I later found was historically accurate) with interesting puzzles were well made and all contributed to the escape room experience.
They also have other boardgames, mahjong, pool and more that we played around with after the escape room. I also cannot emphasise how friendly the staff are!Written 4 January 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Melbourne
- These are the best places for groups seeking room escape games in Melbourne:See more room escape games for groups in Melbourne on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for room escape games in Melbourne:See more hidden gem room escape games in Melbourne on Tripadvisor