Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
11 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Sandridge Railway Bridge has been repurposed as a pedestrian bridge. It spans the north and south banks of the Yarra River. The bridge provides convenient access to the Crown Entertainment Complex from the Melbourne CBD.Written 7 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Princes Bridge is the connecting point from Swanston Street on the north bank of the Yarra and St Kilda Road on the south bank. Opened in 1888 it is 120 meters long and carries both vehicle and trams across in both directions.Written 30 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Evan Walker Pedestrian Bridge was the inspiration of Evan Walker. Evan Walker was Member of the Victorian Parliament (1979 -1992) and Minister for Planning. His ideas about reviving Southbank, a run-down industrial maritime zone, transformed the city of Melbourne. Every day, 20,000 people cross the Evan Walker Bridge from the city to Southbank.Written 25 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I walked from Flinders Street train station, along the riverfront to cross this bridge to get to Docklands. We spent a day in the city, had lunch and visited a few places before attending a musical performance at Hamer Hall at The Arts Centre.
The views from this bridge are scenic. The Spring weather was very nice.Written 30 September 2022
- Queens Bridge spans the Yarra River. It was constructed in 1889, with wrought iron girder spans. Queens Bridge is second only to the Princes Bridge in importance. The Bridge is listed on the Victorian Heritage Registry.Written 25 November 2023
- The William Barak Bridge is a pedestrian bridge that offers a direct route from the Birrarung parklands on the Yarra River to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (the MCG), The MCG is Melbourne's premier sporting venue. Birrarrang Parklands offer a meeting place for the urban Wurundjuri people, it's Melbourne's first new urban park in 100 years.Written 7 October 2023
- The West Gate Bridge connects the East and West of Melbourne. The span of 2.5 km (1.5 km) is one of the longest in Australia. The bridge over the Yarra River is essential, but it was marred by an industrial accident which claimed the lives of 35construction workers in October 1970.Written 25 November 2023
- Spencer Street Bridge connects Spencer Street with South Melbourne. The bridge is a link to Clarendon Street Bridge. Until the bridge opened in 1930, motorists had to take a punt to cross the Yarra River. The current bridge is far more convenient than the punt.BridgeWritten 25 November 2023
- We drove by at night. Beautiful views of the skyline of this wonderful city. Built over the Yarra and carries King Street over it into the city.Written 14 August 2022
- This bridge is for cyclists and pedestrians and crosses the Yarra River near the Polly Woodside historic ship. It is an attractive construction and in a useful location, offering good views along the river.Written 10 October 2023