Points of Interest & Landmarks • Monuments & Statues
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A lovely small green space that packs a punch, with a fountain centre piece and the odd bronze statue.Written 16 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The side entrance to St Patrick's Cathedral connects to the St Patrick Pilgrim's Way, The fountain appears to emerge from the middle of the Path. The fountain symbolises the centrality of water in the Bible, and the importance of water in Australia, an arid continent.Written 28 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- (Sir) Macpherson Robertson (1859-1945) was a businessman and philanthropist. He founded MacRobertson's, the chocolate company. He constructed the imposing MacPherson Robertson Fountain in 1934 to mark the centenary of the founding of Melbourne.Written 7 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Popular spot near the art gallery. One of the best fountains you will see. Such a lovely spot to sit or take a photo. Highly recommendWritten 11 July 2022
- Hochgurtel Fountain, also known as Exhibition Fountain, is a huge fountain, located on the south side of the Royal Exhibition Building, outside the Great Hall. It was built in 1880 for Melbourne's International World Fair. It is a magnificent work of art.Written 2 July 2021
- The Woman's Temperance statue shows a women atop a drinking fountain with four drinking taps, none of which, sadly, are working. The fountain commemorates the visit to Melbourne of the visit of the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and York in 1901. The fountain is built of granite and marbleWritten 26 March 2022
- Created in 1870 this lovely fountain is named after its creator William Stanford, however, we think like the name the boy in the fountain.Written 16 July 2023