Historic Sites • Lessons & Workshops
68 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- From the private collection of Mr Johnston donated to the Heritage Trust. A lovely insight into the household items that were used to entertain or decorate a home from a Jacobite cupboard in the kitchen to chandeliers and tea sets and other associated stuff in all the rooms of this double terrace house. he was an antique dealer travelling between the UK, India, China and Australia. A nice way to spend 2.5 hoursWritten 1 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What I loved about this duck class was its flexibility and ease, without omission of detail. I was amazed at how much we learned; a tribute to Hazel's skill and organisation and Peter's backup. I got to cook at my level of proficiency and, dare I say it, seemed to do a reasonable job. So ... look out ducks!Written 9 October 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you have no experience or have a little, or a lot, it doesn't matter. This workshop covers everything and its fun! The day was planned out very well. It's such a lovely environment to learn in. The team is very approachable and there is no such thing as a silly question– everything is explained simply and to the point. There is a great balance of practical and theory– definitely hands on experience. If your are wanting to learn about film photography, how to shoot/use camera, process the film and enjoy the company of high vibe people check this place it. I highly recommend it.Written 15 February 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really fun experience and Sen and Hannah were very helpful. Would be great if the sessions went for an extra 30 minutes.Written 1 April 2023
- Excellent way to learn a new skill or brush up on some forgotten ones in a fun and friendly environments. Warm, friendly and experienced teachers take you through the basic steps of knitting and crochet and in a three hour workshop you can expect to make either a beanie or a granny square. The classes a held in a lively cafe with drinks provided and it is a fun and relaxed environment with everyone achieving a great result by the end of the workshop. Highly recommended for people wanting to develop their crafty skillsWritten 11 March 2018
- I have attended a couple of the Saturday sessions with Steph and Kate, they were on specific skills to learn with your camera. We went to really nice places and I felt challenged and learnt so much, the group were very friendly and supportive and the assistance and guidance from Steph and Kate was fantastic and professional. The classes are in small groups , the cost is cheap and you get feedback on your shots on the day and later in week online. I will defiantly do more classesWritten 25 April 2016
- Before I'd even completed the Module 1 Beginners course, I knew I would do Module 2 (and have now done so).
The experience is both exciting and exhausting, enjoyable and frustrating, but in the end, extremely satisfying.
Steve and Ari led us through the various skills and processes with a good deal of humour and a good deal of patience, and then coming away each week with something to show for our efforts was a rich reward.
Now that I'm "qualified", it's a matter of which of the additional courses to select first...Written 5 January 2023
- Paul and Alfonso were amazing. It all started when I booked a group course but ended up in an individual class. It was the best course ever!! Thank you so much guys!! For all the knowledge that Paul brought and he is so passionate about photography that he made me capture new things and perspectives.
Thanks for all the links, videos and tips!!Written 21 October 2023
- I came to a Sausage Making class in late February.
The venue is awesome and so full of history, Apparently Romper Stomper was filmed there.
Sara who took our class was full of energy and generated a great and fun atmosphere which clearly everyone enjoyed.
We made sausages which turned out perfectly and tasted great later that night. I couldnt believe how good the food was that Sara cooked for us afterwards. It was a very pleasent surprise to have a restaurant quality meal along with a class.
The bar upstairs is very cool and we were able to buy a few drinks with our food which topped it off as a geat 3 hours.
I highly recomemd this place and Sara who is a fabulous host.
PS - The VIP pack is well worth it.Written 22 April 2023
- The "Taste of Sicily" session was awesome! Only 10 people and a whole lamb to cook. 5 dishes created in front of our eyes and with even a little hands-on pasta making. Enthusiastic chef (Matt) and generally an afternoon filled with laughter, jokes and some seriously good food! Plenty of recipes and tips n tricks to take away too. Finished almost an hour late because everyone was having such an awesome time...Written 5 March 2018
- Mt Buller had always been our Wishlist and it didn’t disappoint. Our family plus our daughter bestie are from Perth and SurfX made our trip absolutely stress free. Jason our first contact kept communication via emails and mobile contacts. Pick up via private transfer bus where we were staying in Melbourne. Jason was excellent! He was knowledgeable and shared stories about areas we went past. Our last day highlight before headed back to Melbourne was our sled dog tour. A fantastic lifetime experience- fun time to cuddle the puppies before the run. The ride was fun. Thank you Jason for taking us and you are an amazing guy! 👍🏻Written 12 September 2018
- Rest In Pieces workshop was the most fun I’ve had in a long time! Nat and the crew are beyond amazing with their guidance and skill. I learned how to taxidermy a chicken and it took a lot more work than I had imagined. It was so much fun, with drinks and snacks and an almost family type group dynamic. I would highly recommend doing a workshop with Rest In Pieces. It was brilliant 👌🏼Written 18 February 2021
- An absolutely memorable, incredible day on the Great Ocean Road! My husband and I traveled from the US, and Matt tailored the tour based on our interests. Prior to the tour, he was highly communicative and extremely helpful guiding us with recommendations. Matt is local to the area and is deeply experienced, so he has a vast knowledge and appreciation which conveys throughout the day. This made the journey more impactful. We also appreciated he supported local businesses, and we had the opportunity to meet and talk to these friendly folks. Matt also went out of his way to find wildlife, which was the highlight of the day! What a trip! Thank you, Matt! When you come back to Arizona, look us up!Written 24 October 2023
- Learning how to handle venomous snakes is not necessarily everyone's cup of tea. But if you want to take a walk on the wild side, this attraction is definitely something for your bucket list. The teachers were great and the training so good that the risk is minimal. You have to be over 18 to do the snake handler course in Melbourne, but for adults it is definitely an interesting day. they do travel interstate as well and have all the licenses one needs to get things done.Written 5 September 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Melbourne
- These experiences are best for classes & workshops in Melbourne:
- Green Food Kitchen: Vegan/Vegetarian cooking classes
- Private Modern Australian Cooking Class with a Professional Chef in Melbourne
- Learn to Cook Authentic Lebanese Cuisine in a Private Class in Melbourne
- These are the best places for couples seeking classes & workshops in Melbourne:See more classes & workshops for couples in Melbourne on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly classes & workshops in Melbourne:See more budget-friendly classes & workshops in Melbourne on Tripadvisor