Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- A must do Australian getaway. Adventure relaxing, easy to get around no matter what your mode of travel.KI as the locals like to call it, is special. Loads of space but everything you need to be comfy and a little luxurious. Native animals everywhere and a resilient, recovering landscape make this a must go.Written 14 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went on the guided tour of the Sea Lion Conservation Park. It was an amazing experience to see the Sea lions at close range on the beach. We saw Sea Lion pups with their mothers and Male sea lions. Our guide was great and very informative. We were able to observe the Sea Lions from the boardwalk and observation deck. In the Visitors Centre there is a lot of interesting information to read about Sea Lions and the role of the Conservation Centre.Written 29 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This visit was very educational to see these birds up so close and learn about them was great. Well worth the visit the staff were great ,amenities clean and great little gift shopWritten 15 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We hired 2 toboggans for our family of 4. It was quite a warm day and it took some effort to walk up the dunes. The trip down was totally worth it! Our young family had enough after around an hour. Great place to wear out energetic kids! The staff were enthusiastic and helped us understand how to get the most from our experience. Take water and an umbrella as shade on hot days.Written 28 September 2023
- We had the perfect day for this and enjoyed it so much. Our main focus was seeing the seals and we sure did do that. The whole family love seeing the baby seals swimming in their pools and we got to see them from not very far away as well. They were absolutely adorable and I loved the fact that humans couldn’t harm them. Admirals arch was very impressive and was actually home to many sleeping seals. The walk down was lovely seeing the enchanting views and beautiful wild flowers. I highly recommend this for animal people and families.Written 22 September 2023
- In early November we were on vacation in Australia and we went to Kangaroo Island because we wanted to see wild Koalas and Kangaroos. We also had one more dream and that was to hold a Koala so we booked a private tour at this great Wildlife Park.
This place is amazing! And it was well beyond what we expected. The staff are passionate, genuinely friendly, and very dedicated to the animals. Our tour guide Portia is beyond nice, sweet, friendly and so knowledgeable. She definitely loves her job and made our visit unique!!
We were able to feed a kangaroo joey (Coco) and hold the sweet and cute Koala (Pearl) It was the best experienced we have ever had in our life!! We also learnt about the rehab efforts after the bushfire of 2019. What an amazing job everyone did and still do for the well being of the animals.
We would go back in a heartbeat. We can not recommend it enough. It is very hard to describe what you feel while holding the animals!
Thank you Portia and everyone else for this amazing experience!Written 26 November 2023
- What a fantastic and informative tour we had. Josh the guide was great, friendly, knowledgable and funny. We saw Koalas and Joeys, kangaroos and geese. It was a great experience being so close to these beautiful creatures and to hear how the island is recovering from the dreadful fires that decimated parts of the island, the flora and fauna and the amazing wildlife. Thank you being part of making our island experience complete.Written 20 November 2023
- We the the lighthouse history tour which provided us with both an overview of the lighthouse and a trip up the top of the lighthouse. Reasonably priced. Tour only runs twice a day so if you want to go, make sure you time it right.Written 23 September 2023
- Amazing rocks eroded into some amazing shapes. Wondrous seeing what weather can do. Earlier pictures show how the shapes and sizes have changed over the years. Definitely worth the drive.Written 28 November 2023
- Hubby and I decided to share a 5-gin flight (as we had to drive and they equate to 1.6 standard drinks per flight), this was $25, with an optional 2 extra Gins for $5 each.
Served in tasting glasses with ice, and a choice of tonic or mineral water, we really liked sampling the differences in flavours among all the gins.
We mostly liked the old-style gin ($134 per bottle) and mulberry gin ($99 per bottle) but we were glad we could taste them as the price per bottle was above our budget!
Lovely gardens, aromatics and botanicals grown on site with descriptions of how they’re used in the gins and a food truck if you’re peckish.
We were there maybe 15 minutes, certainly not something that will take up most of your day but worth stopping by.Written 21 November 2023
- A beautiful beach, reached by walking through some spectacular caves and rock formations. White, fine sand with a beautiful rock pool.Written 29 November 2023
- Our tour of the farm including tastings of alcoholic and non-alcoholic wines. It was interesting to hear of the origins of the bees, and the impact of the 2020 fires on them. Plenty of the local product for sale in the gift shop. I highly recommend the honey ice-cream.Written 6 May 2023
- Amazing experience to see the penguins. Very nice guide and a small information shack. They do also scientific research on the penguins. Highly recommendedWritten 19 November 2023
- Loved it the views are amazing we came here and had a wine tasting and have booked in again another day for lunch . The wine was lovely and the staff made us feel very welcome.loved itWritten 15 November 2023
- We happened upon this estate on a rather busy Sunday and our host (Jane? Sorry if we got this wrong!) was a delightful addition to the cellar door experience!
We chose 1 x 4-wine tasting for $10 and the other enjoyed a glass of the sensational inky Malbec. The only reason we both didn’t do the $10 tasting was that the white varieties in the tasting weren’t to my partners liking, so a $13 glass of something delicious was preferable! Most of their wines are available by the glass if that’s your preference.
Outstanding French style offerings, quite rich and heavy on the oak, we left with The Red, a bottle of Malbec and Bark Hut Shiraz/Cab franc.
There’s also a little “shop” you can put yourself together a little platter of cheese, terrines, olives, relishes, crackers etc and make a long lunch of your time here.
Plenty of seating inside as well as little nooks you can tuck into outside overlooking a dam and the countryside.
Our host handled the rush hour with absolute grace, served everyone impeccably despite being flat out and we can recommend this to visit!Written 19 November 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Kangaroo Island
- The best day trips from Kangaroo Island according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kangaroo Island in a Day Tour from Adelaide
- One Day Kangaroo Island Sip & See tour with return ferry transfers from Adelaide
- Kangaroo Island Scenic Nature and Wildlife Day Tour
- Kangaroo Island Iconic Sights and Wildlife Full-Day Tour
- Full-Day Kangaroo Island Experience Departing from Kangaroo Island
- The most popular things to do in Kangaroo Island with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kangaroo Island Outdoor Action
- Kangaroo Island Hire a Guide
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Tours
- Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari
- Exceptional Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island Attractions Information
|Saturday 11:29 pm|