19 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- But make sure it is before 5 o’clock (17:00). Even on Fridays some shops close at that time tho most are open later on Friday. Fun just to stroll and people watch 👍 Of course you WILL see something you absolutely must buy 🤔Written 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy to find a park with plenty of parking spaces. I enjoyed the outdoor shopping atmosphere. Cotton On store is very big, enjoyed shopping there. Also love TK Maxx. Handy having McDonalds outside.Written 26 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Adelaide Arcade is a heritage shopping arcade in the centre of Adelaide, South Australia. It is linked to, and closely associated with, Gay's Arcade. It opened in December 1885 and its distinctive domes, ornate details, and architectural grandeur had never before been seen in Adelaide.Written 27 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great atmosphere, so many great places for coffee or to eat. Many specialty stores as well. The area exudes class and a great place for shopping.Written 29 December 2022
- i had visited this place with family. this place has nice play area and lots of shops for shopping. we had Indian food here. this day we had 2 flat Tyre in my brothers car. so we went to fix it and then come here. this place has free internet too. i have tried fried rice but that was not so good. other people had tried dosa, chhole puri, idilli, and more stuff.Written 23 April 2018
- As a resident of a nearby suburb, I have shopped at the Mitcham Square Shopping Centre on many occasions over the years.
My most recent visit saw me visit both of the supermarkets located there, as well as the Cheap as Chips variety store and the BWS bottle shop.
As well as these stores, there are a variety of women’s fashion shops, gift shops, a sports store, hairdressers, other food shops, a pharmacy and a newsagency located within the shopping centre. For those seeking entertainment, there is a multi-screen cinema located on the upper floor of the shopping centre.
I have rarely experienced difficulty getting a car-park at this shopping centre other than at peak times. I usually head to the underground car-park as this provides shade for the car during warm and hot weather. This is what I did during my most recent visit and I had no trouble in locating a spot to park.
The Mitcham Square Shopping Centre is a good source for everyday necessities. However, if you are seeking a bargain, you would be better off heading either to the city, the Marion Shopping Centre or to Harbour Town, all of which offer a greater range of shopping opportunities.Written 2 February 2021
- Very different to the old brickworks now a great one stop shopping experience.
A big Woolworths..big w..a few cafes and eateries..chemist .and smaller shops.
Very clean a really nice shopping center now😊Written 13 January 2018
- Few shops closed and not rented out....found a small leather shop here which is nice..but generally not very exciting stuffWritten 13 June 2023
- This a shopping centre in Rundle MallIt is near the iconic silver balls statue. Its major tenant is David Jones, and the centre also includes a food court and about 40 retail outlets. John Martin's used to be the major tenant of the Plaza before David Jones took over in 1998.Written 27 September 2023
- I often visit the Village when visiting North Adelaide. It has everything you'll need and is a pleasant place to find your way around. The fresh produce store is really nice as is Romeo's Foodland. Don't bother with the newsagent; rude to say the least... and the only let down in the Village.Written 7 June 2019
- Coming from the UK we were really pleased to find this centre.
The presentation of all the shops and food outlets was clean and bright.
A very pleasant visitor experience!Written 6 October 2022
- Great shopping centre. The only trouble is it is on two different sides of the road. We went to Cheap as Chips on one side but I needed to go to the ladies room but had to get into the car and drive to the other side of the road to go. I believe all shopping centres should have this facility. Other than that both sides were very clean and lots of shops to look atWritten 14 January 2019
- Welland Plaza Shopping Centre is located on Port Road, a major road between the Adelaide CBD and Port Adelaide. It has a Coles supermarket and a variety of specialty shops, useful for visitors to Adelaide. Plenty of free parking available.Written 22 January 2019
- One of a number of very good shopping arcades in Rundle Mall. We stopped here for a couple of snacks in Café Da Marco and then my wife saw the H & M sign and disappeared for an hour or so. I had a look through the various levels, some outlets are familiar in my home base, others were new and I enjoyed the browse. Good variety for the serious shopper.Written 17 January 2020
- We staying in the city and I had to get some antibiotics for my partner. Picked them up from the phamacy and proceeded to by a great egg and bacon sandwich at one take away and the best Vietnamese roll and cold rolls for our lunch later at another take away place. Great choices.Written 27 June 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Adelaide