Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The Strand has so much to do all along it, we loved the Rockpool the kids had a wonderful time and knew they were safe swimming in there. The large amount of playgrounds were a great hit and such a beautiful location to have a play at too.
The splash water playground was a popular location, and loved the amount of tables and shade around and the different water play areas were fantastic for a free water playground.Written 10 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took the goat path up to the top of Castle Hill. It was a tough hike and lots of stairs. We had to take breaks several times before we reached the top. There were locals doing the hike on business calls and with kids. The view is really nice and you can see all of Townsville from the lookout points. I loved this as a first day activity so that we could get the lay of the land.Written 16 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited the Sanctuary for the second time in three weeks with visiting family. Although this is a 3 1/2 drive from home, it is a goto activity whenever we have visitors as it never fails to impress and the staff are always very informative (and patient) in the respective presentations.
A very impressive experience and we highly recommend a visit. Just fantastic for families and adults alike.
Thank you to management and staff for continuing to facilitate a great day out.Written 8 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I loved the ferry journey to Magnetic Island , its quick, comfortable and staff were very friendly and helpful. Even met the captainWritten 1 August 2023
- Magnetic Ferries website was easy to navigate and book. The staff in charge of passengers were friendly and efficient when boarding and disembarking the vessel. They were running to schedule both of the times we used them.Written 28 September 2023
- Went here for park run 7am. Some people swimming in the public outdoor pool. Lots of people out on a stroll.
Really lovely walk along the river in both directions. Wheelchair and park friendlyWritten 9 July 2023
- Established before the township itself. Several themed displays covering pre-federation, the world wars and afterwards such as Vietnam, Afghanistan etc. Volunteer staff very knowledgeable and helpful.Written 1 August 2023
- Almost every town has a hidden gem. This is one of Townsville's. You wont find it in the tourist brochure, but of you go out of your way to get there, you will find a very pleasant , tranquil, cool, calm environment where you can walk for hours through the pals and trees and flowers. Fantastic, whoah would have thought it was here.
And when you done, have lunch at the cafe, it is excellent!Written 12 August 2023
- This is such a little gem of a museum. There is a whole section on the science of inquiry which is great for both kids and adults. The rainforest and reef rooms are beautiful and have great information in them. The whole museum is very interactive and interesting. The shipwreck exhibit is very cool. The whole thing is so well done.Written 16 August 2023
- I was greeted at the entrance by a very friendly gentleman volunteer who gave me a bit of info and context for the museum. It’s actually only for north QLD war efforts but includes all wars they were involved in- so it’s very broad. It’s well organized into sections. So much written info as well for the history buffs.
They have a very impressive collection of weapons and ammunition, vehicles and other equipment including those seized from the countries they fought in.
There was no pressure at all to donate but it was hard not to after all that for free. Highly recommendWritten 14 July 2023
- Due to COVID patron numbers were capped so when we were there, there were 6 of us wandering around. This meant we had space and time to actually enjoy the place. We read everything and we talked to the staff who were very educational to talk to. We spent hours looking through the tanks and we went up onto Level 2 so we could look down into the tanks. Very cool! Its a small aquarium so don’t expect Melbourne/Sydney but we still enjoyed it!Written 20 January 2021
- The views were spectacular. Only one section is suitable for disabled people, the rest of the walk is very rugged. Worth seeing.Written 4 May 2023
- A walk through the gardens soothed my soul . A tropical paradise with an amazing selection of tropical plants . Very inspiringWritten 1 August 2023
- A simple building from the outside, yet, it oozes a character once you go inside. You’ll see a lot of interesting things inside, especially if you’re into arts 🎭 & paintings 🖼. Great asset to the town.Written 9 August 2019
- Definiitely worth a visit if travelling between Townsville and Ingham. Not to far to travel from the HighwayWritten 3 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Townsville
Townsville Attractions Information
|Sunday 11:17 am|