Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We thoroughly enjoyed the village. You can meander and take your time exploring and learning the history of Rockhampton. There is a cafe available that provides a range of food items, highly recommend the tea and scones with fresh cream. Highlight for us was the Blacksmiths and the Hospital.Written 26 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We strolled this free 82 acre parkland after lunch finding lots of parking facing the large Murray Lagoon. It was filled with a vista of birdlife; Australian white ibis, Pacific black ducks, Australian pelicans, Black swans and a few Australian pied cormorants. After gazing at the tree tops of Little red flying foxes and passing the largest Pony tail plant we’ve ever seen, we walked to the adjoining zoo. Its paved lane is efficiently designed to wind around to show the birds and animals to include; Emu’s Chimps, Meerkats, Kangaroos, Dingo, Perenties, Koala’s, Red-tailed cockatoo and the Wedge-tailed eagle.Written 10 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic spot to view sunset. A short, easy walk from the car park to the tree top viewing platform. But beware it gets chilly and windy, so grab a jacketWritten 30 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The gardens were nice and we enjoyed a walk around. The waterfall was pretty and there were a lot of nice trees and places for you to eat a picnic if you wanted to.Written 29 October 2023
- This railway museum was a bit of a surprise to me as it was better than I initially expected.
The place is reasonably priced and has a few tourist knick-knacks to purchase if that's your thing. There are the usual static displays of railway paraphernalia on hand and a small cafe with basic fare on offer.
The main attractions are a refurbished local tram (who knew there were ever trams in Rockhamption?) and a train that is fun to stroll about in to see how long distance rail travel looked in days of yore. If you've ever done overnight trips on trains you'll probably find this entertaining to look at for a few minutes.
Easy to find a park nearby and it's a good idea to combine seeing this with the nearby military museum.Written 28 August 2023
- We loved the zoo, and thoroughly enjoyed our morning there. I was disappointed with the new cage for the eagle.Written 14 November 2023
- Wonderful displays of indigenous fashion, sculptures and paintings. Beautiful new building along the waterfront with lovely helpful staff.Written 10 September 2023
- Stopped by for lunch with a group of friends and we all left impressed with the food and friendly service. The newly-added beer garden is excellent, and great for bigger groups. I had the chicken fried steak with a side of potato bake and it was fantastic!Written 5 September 2021
- This was a great educational experience and the tour was very interesting. The gentleman that guided the tour seemed down to earth and friendly. He took us through some local Aboriginal history and landmarks, played the didgeridoo for us, explaining how it was made and how to play it) and we all had a turn at throwing a boomerang (his even went full circle and came back to him and he caught it)! There was a village we didn’t get to explore as our 2 year old son was tired by the end of it and it was quite hot the day we went. Some great souvenirs in the shop too. Started and finished right on time. Just a note for anyone as it is not their fault: take ur aero guard! There are a lot of midges in the area! We were very itchy by the end of it. Overall a great experience for all ages! Also, we are a family of 5.Written 7 October 2023
- As part of its group tour of Central Qld, RGSQ visited the Flow Centre to get an overview of the Fitzroy Basin. We were not disappointed. The Centre is well-equipped with maps and images. The presentation used an electronic map system allowing the presenter to zoom in and out as he spoke. Very impressive.Written 14 September 2022
- Rockhampton isn't a massive place but it does have an entry in the war museum stakes. This place is par for the course and I'm sure basically every school in the area brings its students here to be dragged around the exhibits.
The place has a several rooms that are laid out quite well and there are all the usual paraphernalia - old photos, models and displays of war material. There are of course displays showing local connections to the various conflicts.
The staff - who I take it are all volunteers - are of course very friendly and helpful. Seeing this place along with the Railway Museum would be a smart move.Written 28 August 2023
- Great pool and awesome watermark for kids! Well priced abs good spot for the kids to run off some energy. Kids water park is also fully fenced so some peace of mind tooWritten 5 March 2023
- Some money has obviously been spent on sprucing up the Rockhampton riverfront and it was money well spent as it gives tourists a bit of a focal point to stroll along. They can cruise past the customs house, get a bite to eat and also swing by the local art gallery all while wandering along the riverfront. There are public facilities and if you are staying in the area then you might as well walk through the area, stopping to check out the Rod Laver bust.Written 28 August 2023
- Good walks to do while you are up there. Not far out of Rockhampton. Has a elevated walk looking over Rockhampton.
A must do if you stay in Rocky.Written 28 September 2022
- The show was excellent and definitely suitable for over 18s. It was a short walk across to my accommodation.Written 20 March 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Rockhampton
Rockhampton Attractions Information
|Monday 6:28 pm|