Popular things to do
- 4WD Tours
- Day Cruises
- Bus Tours
- Day Trips
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Ports of Call Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Cultural & Theme Tours
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Walking Tours
- Family Friendly
- Sightseeing Tickets & Passes
Top Attractions in Port Douglas
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- One of the nicest beaches of the region were you’re allowed to swim! Water is warm even during “winter” and even though it can get crowded between the flags you have life savers and shades! You can also find nice naturally shaded spots if you walk a bit further.. you have 4miles! 🤩Written 4 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was part of our holiday package and thoroughly enjoyed it, walking through the natural habitats of the birds, kangaroos, koalas, etc. the lovely thing is you can visit every day of the week once you have your initial visit. We wanted to return to see the koala presentation however ran out of days, will definitely visit next time we are in Port.Written 15 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It’s a bustling market, people almost shoulder to shoulder. Lots of stalls sprucing their wares, from the obligatory fortune tellers, to clothing and food.
Food seemed plentiful, both local produce to keep, or stuff to eat now. It wasn’t a hot day, but the cold treat vendors had queues 10 deep most of the day. There were also vendors selling more solid meals- curry’s, fried foods, donuts- a very eclectic mix.
Didn’t go in with much thought of buying stuff, but family bought T shirts, macadamia’s and even coconut chips. A nice way to pass a lovely morning.
If driving- its busy- very hard to luck into a car parkWritten 10 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a really great experience and day. My wife went snorkeling for the first time and we both encountered our first helicopter flight over the reef. A truly remarkable experience. The whole day was made great by the friendly staff on board our vessel and whilst we were on the pontoon.Written 14 April 2022
- Love this church, would be lovely to get married there, the setting is so natural and the church is so old.Written 15 July 2022
- We came here with Wavelength. They reef was very colourful with both plenty of fish and coral. We saw huge clams and a pod of squid. Worth the trip.Written 17 July 2022
- This is a lovely walk up to the top of Flagstaff Hill. Quite a few stairs and a steep climb so wear proper footwear. Amazing views though from up the top.Written 9 August 2022
- Really worth going up there. Fabulous views over Port Douglas and the ocean/beach. Very very nice was to spend some timeWritten 23 July 2022
- Nice place to relax and watch the sunset. Not too quiet though. Lots of people doing the same thing, talking on speaker to people at the top of their voices. Spoiling the vibe. Nice to watch the boats come in.Written 17 July 2022
- Excellent fairly quick walk around the hedland at Port Douglas. Good path with stone steps in some places. Quite steep so not good for anyone with mobility issues.Written 22 July 2022
- The Port Fouglas Marina market is not a big market but it is a reasonable market if you can only appreciate those stall holders who do show up every week. Unfortunately Covid has had a big hand to play with why things have changed so dramatically. Love the Fenglehorn chilli stall but my absolute favourite is Andrea's scarves. They are affordable, beautiful, versatile and fashionable. Will definitely be back.Written 7 June 2021
- The artwork on show is amazing. Check it out. Some amazing pieces from the NT. Celebrate the artists.Written 24 April 2022
- Largely vacant with only a few restaurants and the Marina to visit. The brewery was doing a great trade.Written 26 May 2021
- This isn't a major museum but is worth visiting for the interesting displays, especially on the only female hanged in Queensland.Written 11 September 2021
- Port Douglas is about an hours drive from Cairns.
All the way you drive along mountains on one side and ocean on the other side. It reminded me of Great Ocean Drive.
The town has beautiful palm trees and their information centre has all the information about the surrounding of this World Heritage Listed place.
Accommodation can be from backpacks to luxurious Mirage Resorts.
Lots of eateries and coffee places.
I really enjoyed this place.Written 3 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Port Douglas
- The best day trips from Port Douglas according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Daintree Rainforest, Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge Small-Group Day Tour
- Quicksilver Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Cruise from Port Douglas
- Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge, and Daintree Rainforest Premium Day Tour
- Silversonic Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Port Douglas
- Full Day Daintree Rainforest and Mossman Gorge Tour