Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- A really nice place with lots of Australian animals to see. They have lots of different events like swim with the salties and keeper talksWritten 14 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing beach - stinger season so could only swim between the nets, which was disappointing. Coming from NZ loved swimming in 23 Deg C water.Written 2 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had other tourist from around the world on Quicksilver tour and they were blown away by the beauty of the reef, we forget how lucky we are.Written 5 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Large variety of very good quality items from local makers. Some good food stalls. Nice vibe near the water and well spaced so you don’t feel crowded.Written 3 October 2023
- This is a lovely little timber church sitting in front of the water. It was a very hot day but there was a nice breeze coming from the water side. Originally built in 1880 there was a service going on so only had a quick look inside, it was a Sunday. Easy to find on the foreshore, nearby there was a big marketWritten 26 April 2023
- This snorkeling day out was simply the best. The clarity of the water and marine life, friendliness and knowledge of the staff, 3 snorkel sites all unique. Best marine photos ever! I will identify that black fish with white spots eventually :DWritten 6 April 2023
- Beautiful views along the walk. Part of the path from the north end was closed but you can walk on up the road to Flag staff hill lookout. Paths really well maintained and the views were stunning!Written 20 November 2023
- Great views … the reward after a climb. Best to go early as the sunrise is stunning was able to see all down the coast down 4 mile beach. A must if you are visiting the region.Written 1 October 2023
- Beautiful gin, beautiful tasting , great cocktails 😊 definitely recommend a visit when in Far North Queensland.
The tasting paddle is a great way to try all their gins all served with their own garnish :) 5⭐️Written 20 October 2023
- My daughter and I stopped in here for a quick look and made small purchases. Both of the ladies that helped us were very welcoming and friendly.Written 7 March 2023
- Would recommend to hire a car for this trip , stop off at port Kennedy and take a stroll along the 4 mile beach , purchase a coffee and jump back in your car and head off to your destinationWritten 16 September 2023
- Herold was excellent! I play a lot of tennis in Melbourne, (both social comp and cardio) I booked some lessons while up here mainly for the exercise. Herold was great! I had a lot of fun. He pointed some things out to me about the way I was hitting the ball. And the difference was amazing.
I can see why other reviewers say he would teach kids well too. He is friendly and really knows his tennis. The courts were great.
I highly recommend him for a lesson or a cardio type hit. I will definitely book again when we are here next year. And I will book my kids in for lessons too!Written 28 September 2017
- A must do in Port Douglas to watch the sunset. It’s a beautiful location with palm trees fringing the water and mountains in the background. It’s great for kids too with plenty of space to run around and a playground.Written 27 November 2022
- Entering the courthouse you get quite a start to see a real courtroom with life sized figures representing the people who were part of the trial that took place. You sit in the original jury seats and watch a video of the trial and at the end consider your verdict. There are also interesting photos and information about the Chinese gold miners in Port Douglas, the first marine biologists at Low Isles, and also information about the Battle of the Coral Sea.Written 27 November 2022
- This place offers visitors a chance to see some great examples of modern aboriginal art and is a kind of oasis on a street dominated by bars and beachware shopsWritten 26 September 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Port Douglas
- The best day trips from Port Douglas according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Silversonic Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Port Douglas
- Daintree Rainforest,Cape Tribulation,Mossman Gorge Small-Group from Port Douglas
- Quicksilver Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Cruise from Port Douglas
- Daintree Discovery Tours - Full Day Daintree Rainforest Tour
- Cape Tribulation and Daintree Wilderness Day Tour in Cairns