Scuba & Snorkelling • Helicopter Tours
11 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Had the best day. The boat itself was amazing, the food was great and the staff were absolutely fantastic!! Such lovely accommodating people. We were so scared doing the scuba dive as it was our first time but we could not have been comforted any more. Big shout out to Sammy for being a girls girl, Ruth for being such a lovely sweetheart, Eddie for being a great laugh and Ben for being such a sweet, calming and reassuring scuba instructor! Thank you to everyone for a fab day! Definitely recommend!Written 2 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an experience! We sailed with the nicest crew and group of people (not too crowded, max 25 people) to Green island and the Great Reef Barrier. We snorkeled and some of the guests scuba dived. The crew has very helpful explaining everything and all safety procedures, super nice and friendly. The meal on board was good, they had coffee and pastries in the morning and when sailing back they served us white wine, cheese and crackers, fruit and cake. It was a great day, great experience. At the same time Mike gave us a lot of explanations and facts and started conversation with everyone.Written 20 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a transformative experience! End to end, Kevin and Ashton (the instructors) at Pro Dive Cairns the helped me jump into diving with confidence. They were patient (equalizing can take time!) and knowledgeable about diving and the GBR. I really enjoyed and highly recommend the open water + adventure and advanced training experience!Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The introductory diving with this Reef tour was outstanding. I have an intest fear of dicing but wanted to face my fears. Kristeen was awesome. She was patient and calm and encouraging and I can know say that I have scuba dived the great barrier reef. I have the certificate to prove it. Would highly recommend this tour to anyone. Best add on ever spent.
Annmarie.Written 26 November 2023
- Had the best day tubing with Aussie Drifterz.. lucky to have Dan ( BUSH CHOOK) and Jessie ( BUTT MAN .. our nickname for him ) they guided us down the rapids of fun with a little bit of roller coaster ride in-between
Laugh a minute. Pick up and drop to accommodation a plus.
Do yourselves a favour book this fun easy to do tour..Written 5 May 2023
- Really helpful instructor took us through all the safety and how to ride instructions. Have never ridden before and had a great time.Written 26 September 2023
- Well organized and with a great crew to prepare us for snorkeling. Destination was excellent and variety of coral seemed almost as interesting as the fish and passing turtle. Seeing giant clams was a treat as was the unusual (for me anyway) variety of sea cucumbers. Think we may have been lucky on our trip but do note that I earned later that the water temperature reached perhaps a record high in that time frame which of course is destructive to the exceptional coral. Food service was also fine and the Lycra suit comfortable.Written 19 April 2020
- This is a good choice if, like me, you can't swim but still want to experience the Great Barrier Reef.
It starts at the port in Cairns. A nice large boat takes you to the platform at the Reef. The waves getting over were ROUGH. If you're a person who gets motion sickness, definitely take dramamine prior to leaving.
Once we arrived to the Reef platform we boarded the semisubmergible ship. Pretty cool to see the coral and fish. Then back on the platform we had lunch. Hot foods, both dishes had an Indian flare, with rice. Plus veggies, potatoes, peel and eat shrimp, a pasta salad and fruit. Decent. Staff were all courteous.
We booked the helicopter tour which was a flight back to Cairns over the Great Barrier Reef. It was AMAZING!
We enjoy our time and would recommend. For those who scuba or snorkel it's perfect. All supplies are supplied or you can bring your own.Written 2 September 2023
- I’m so glad we took this tour! The boat is really nice and the captain and her crew were great and very knowledgeable. Loved taking a fast boat instead of spending so much time getting to/from the reef. Highly recommend. Also appreciate that they take photos for you.Written 24 January 2020
- If you are new to diving and have never experienced being underwater this is a great experience and worth it. How ever as i dive it was not that good for me but not due to them or the service just not good if you dive. My friend who has never been underwater like that loved it and it was a great experience for them. The staff are great and really make it a fun experience. Well worth it if you are not keen on diving straight up.Written 25 April 2021
- I found that on Wednesdays you are able to go out on a yacht for a few hours of sailing. I had never been before so I was able to just watch and enjoy myself. It was so relaxing being on the water and watching the people who knew what to do. I was amazed at how busy the area was. There was a small charge of $15.00 which gave you a sausage sizzle at the end of sail. I did not stay for this so can't comment. It also covered insurances needed on the day. Cannot recommend it enough especially if you have never sailed before.Written 13 October 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Cairns
- These experiences are best for water sports in Cairns:
- Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling and Diving Cruise from Cairns
- Fitzroy Island Day Trip from Cairns
- Barron Gorge National Park Half-Day White Water Rafting from Cairns or Port Douglas
- Green Island Half-Day Trip from Cairns
- Full-Day Great Barrier Reef Sailing Trip
- These are the best places for budget-friendly water sports in Cairns:See more budget-friendly water sports in Cairns on Tripadvisor