23 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Stunning foreshore area in the heart of Brisbane. This area is over 30 years old but it is truly a beautiful place filled with so many places to visit from vegetarian gardens, a beach and pools, bars and cafes, stunning gardens, markets, cultural and exhibition centres and walkways. Takes about 20 minutes to walk the length but you'll be stopping so frequently so you could easily spend hours here. It's clean, peaceful and amazing to visit right in the heart of the city.Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We got on the City Cat in South Bank and wrote it up to Hamilton turnaround and back during sunset.
Lots of commuters and some tourists riding the river.
You do need to get a pass since they will not take payment on the boat; if you do not get a pass you will get a ticket that’s $300 per person!
We enjoyed riding at dusk and seeing the sunset.
Right at sunset we saw thousands of bats flying across the river to settle in for the night.Written 28 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautifully presented parkland in middle of Brisbane. Easy to walk around in half an hour or to spend longer admiring the range of gardens. Good cafe on site, it was very busy the day we went. Access is good for pushchairs, wheelchairs though the gardens are laid out on different levels so some parts are sloping.Written 3 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great Lookout Point over Brisbane City.Easy access withthe local bus services,and Toilets and restaurant on site.Lovey views over the city,and worth visiting.Written 28 November 2023
- We had 1 1/2 hours and only managed about 1/3 of the gardens. Probably needs 2 visits. It is free.
Japanese gardens, bonsai specimens, cacti, temperate gardens , lagoons, rainforest , giant bamboos and more…
Excellent.Written 13 November 2023
- We got tickets and rode the city cat up to the Hamilton turnaround spot and back to South Banks Park area. It was nice to write the boat as the sun was setting and see the city lights coming on. Also, once you get out of the city area and the sun has start to see thousands of bats coming into the city to settle for the night as they fly across the river. We bought a ticket for $20 Australian, which is a two hour window to ride the boat.Written 29 October 2023
- It's free.... what more could you ask! Stops at 7 locations along the main city section of the river. Boats hold approx 30 people perhaps more and come every 30 minutes and go in a clockwise direction from one stop to the next. The boats are mainly covered however there is a small outdoor area at the rear of the boat. It is so fantastic that this service is free which is ideal for the tourist in order to get to the main locations throughout the city. A definite way to get around the city.Written 27 November 2023
- Beautiful at night and day , this tropical oasis showcases unusual plants and is adjacent to the river which also enables access to the Southbank parklands by pedestrian bridge with city beach where you can swim or walk to major gallery’s or theatres ..Written 7 December 2023
- Near the Brisbane sign in South Banks is the wheel that is open all day and into the night. They take your photo and of course want you to buy it, which we need…Written 29 October 2023
- Situated on the river there are lots of really nice bars and restaurants servicing a busy commercial district and at times can get very busy but a great spot to watch the river flow by whilst enjoying a cold beerWritten 26 May 2022
- Excellent way to familiarize oneself with Brisbane CBD & the tour is conducted by volunteers hence Free!!
Loved learning about the history & all the growth in the area. Enjoyed discovering all the BLUE motifs around Brisbane.
A must if you’re new in town, whether a domestic or international traveller guaranteed to learn something.
Denise was fabulous!!Written 7 December 2023
- We did the night walk and it was wonderful! A must do ! I’m not great with heights but they were very consistent with the safety protocols….it was a blast!Written 20 October 2023
- Travelling from Canada, we wanted a way to see Brisbane by bike. It was easy to arrange rentals and to get the bikes when we arrived. The staff took the time to fit us properly, we are got helmets and items we needed, and we were away. We chose to do a self-guided day, and this worked well for us. The pathways were amazing - beautiful and well-marked and maintained. We followed the river the whole time, travelling over several bridges, and stopping for lunch or coffee as needed. This is a wonderful way to see a beautiful city.Written 19 November 2023
- Enjoyable cruise of the river, learn a little history, relax and sip on a cold one whilst taking in the scenic view Brisbane river providesWritten 18 November 2023
- Loads of fun. The wine tasting was great and the lunch was delicious. Ian our driver was awesome. All round an excellent day!Written 30 October 2023