27 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautifully presented parkland in middle of Brisbane. Easy to walk around in half an hour or to spend longer admiring the range of gardens. Good cafe on site, it was very busy the day we went. Access is good for pushchairs, wheelchairs though the gardens are laid out on different levels so some parts are sloping.Written 3 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loved this tour, Ken was a fantastic guide and incredibly knowledgeable on every part of the process. The first video on the round screen on floor was a little hard to see, but a very minor issue compared to the rest of the tourWritten 29 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Awesome museum! Display of very beautiful gemstones and super interesting how they are found, cut and polished. We loved it!Written 21 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The tour was fun. I didn't find it scary, though some of the stories were both interesting and gruesome. Our guide was good, with lots of interesting tales of life inside, escapes, executions, ghostly visits by ex-prisoners, and the appearance of a ghostly cat called Tripod (he had three legs).
I'd also recommend them for their great customer service. Having booked a few weeks in advance, one of our party (my 11-year-old niece) became a COVID close contact and had to isolate for the week, just before the tour. The organisers were so helpful in re-arranging another date.
So, excellent customer service, great tales of a darker side of Brisbane's history, and a fun way to spend an evening with friends or family.Written 6 April 2022
- A really good museum about General MacArthur, World War Two in the South Pacific more generally especially the Australian contribution and 1940s life in Brisbane. I very much enjoy military history and this is a good museum with knowledgeable staff. As other reviewers have said, it isn’t for a disinterested teenager.
The entrance isn’t the most obvious unless you are looking for it. Once you have found it, just ring the bell and you will be let in. I have posted a photo in order to help.Written 16 July 2023
- This place is Brisbames best kept secret. You do need a car to get there but the grounds, museums, tours and self tours are all excellent and extensive. There is room for the kids to run around and plenty for the adults to appreciate with memorabilia from 1850 to 1930 odd. The volunteers are just lovely amd its just a great atmosphere.Written 9 July 2023
- The Commissariat stores is one of Brisbane's oldest buildings.
It is run by the Royal Historical Society of Queensland. This three story building has a very interesting history and houses all manner of artifacts and story boards about the history of Brisbane and the surrounding area. The staff (all volunteers) is very friendly and will provide you with a guided tour should you wish. The cost is $8 AUD. If you are visiting Brisbane, take the time to visit this museum.Written 26 December 2022
- Quiet little place tucked in a basement. Food perfectly prepared- I went with the unadventurous option - lamb cutlets and a salad- both were excellent. Also at the table a perfectly cooked roo steak. Indigenous artworks, bags and jewellery around the walls , available for purchase .
Great place for a quiet lunch.Written 7 October 2022
- We Did Cabin 13 we had an absolute blast we may not have managed to get out but pur live actor sorry forgot his name but it was his first time doing this room and did it professionally was an absolute legend very kind hearted guy helped us on alot of puzzles wish the cross was actually white but other than that had a perfect experience will deffiently be back for more cant get enoughWritten 7 December 2023
- The warehouse style and industrial location of Green Beacon was a nice change from Felons and it means the prices are lower - although still seems quite expensive. The beers didn't strike me as the best - a bit tasteless, not even fruity like Felons, ales were not hoppy - but the cool crisp styles might suit a hot Brisbane day.Written 6 April 2021
- The University of Queensland at St Lucia is one of Australia's leading universities. It is a Group of Eight university .It is described as an elite "sandstone university." It is a picturesque campus, with lush sub-tropical foliage. The ponds harbour fauna not found at other universities. The University of Queensland maintains high academic standards. It is well known for research into human biology and medical chemistry.Written 15 October 2020
- Ballistic Beer conmpny;s headquarters is an a reburbished wharehouse that was once a WW2 ammunitions factory in Salisbury, a suburb of Brisbane. The motif is WW2, It has been transformed into a neat industrial craft beer enterprise. There is no food served at this location. The beers are very good and the wines too. The service is very good. The owner who was with me welcomed and was known to many of the regular patrons. There is space for events. A good place for a quiet drink or two or three.Written 18 August 2023
- This museum is a great little free museum that is packed full of easy to read information and history. Lots of exhibits. The museum is very quiet so you can wander around at your own pace. It is hidden away in the Roma St Police station. However there is signs for it when you enter. Heaps of public transport close by including the Roma St Train Station and Bus StopWritten 2 June 2021
- Heather Raine massage therapy is gold standard. I was lovingly gifted 4 wonderful hours in her sanctuary. I highly recommend Heather. It was wonderful. Thank you so much Heather for your kindness and for making me feel so wonderful. 💕Written 14 November 2023
- The team at Lillybrook Dental has thoroughly enjoyed Breakout Brisbane for this years Christmas Party. Although very hot, it was competitive, challenging and a very well organised event which we will speak about for some time. Thank you so much to Denis for coordinating this event for us.Written 7 December 2020