33 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 33
What travellers are saying
- The Otherside was of the best rooms I’ve ever done!! Lots of great effects, and many puzzles to solve. Good amount of diversions to lead you astray as well—definitely upped the difficulty level. We only used 3 hints, and got out with just 3:21 to spare😀
The employees were super fun, knowledgeable of job, and polite
The guys were also entertained by their board game selection in the lobby after we escaped our room 😀Written 4 December 2023
- We Did Cabin 13 we had an absolute blast we may not have managed to get out but pur live actor sorry forgot his name but it was his first time doing this room and did it professionally was an absolute legend very kind hearted guy helped us on alot of puzzles wish the cross was actually white but other than that had a perfect experience will deffiently be back for more cant get enoughWritten 7 December 2023
- My wife got this for my birthday and completed a 60 minute mission. It was incredible. Just what I envisaged the real thing would be like after watching loads of footage online (especially of the F/A 18 fly during riverfire). If you can find that video on youtube I would recommend it as this also helped me understand the manouvers, turns etc and imerse myself into the environment. Half way in I forgot I was in a sumulator as I was so focussed on meeting the mission objectives.
Highgly recommend.Written 25 July 2023
- I took my daughter with her friends for her 13th birthday.
The staff were extremely friendly and easy to talk to.
Safety was excellent.
Location and facilities were great.
The girls had a really wonderful time and we will definitely return.Written 21 March 2020
- A must do! I do not play any computer games but this was awesome!!! It was fun and mind blowing. Any one could give it ago and have fun. The staff were amazing, ever so helpful.Written 5 June 2022
- Staff were nice
We almost had the place to ourselves
Everything is in good condition
Overall pretty good!Written 26 May 2023
- Our family has done 5 escape rooms with Escape Hunt. We love going there, the rooms are clean, the staff friendly and the puzzles are fun, interesting and ingenious. It brought out each family member’s strengths to solve the puzzles. Highly recommend!Written 1 October 2023
- 5 stars! Taya is an absolute joy to learn from - she brings such fun and a wealth of knowledge. Worth every cent to spend 4hrs coming up a storm and then feeling so satisfied eating dishes you’ve created with love, Best day out - do yourself a favour and visit 💙 We will be back 👏Written 30 November 2023
- Phenomenal staff - made entire experience fun and enjoyable. Outstanding service, help, and delivery - you can tell the staff enjoyed working there.
Exceptional value for money/time of the experience...happy, exhausted, and content at the end of the experience...time and money well spent on this venue!Written 27 August 2023
- After trying one escape room, we were keen to give it another go. I took my teenage boys to Puzzled and we did the "Mirrored" experience. Heaps of fun! Our only criticism is that we would have loved another half an hour to figure it all out!! But we highly recommendWritten 4 October 2019
- We did the night walk and it was wonderful! A must do ! I’m not great with heights but they were very consistent with the safety protocols….it was a blast!Written 20 October 2023
- Travelling from Canada, we wanted a way to see Brisbane by bike. It was easy to arrange rentals and to get the bikes when we arrived. The staff took the time to fit us properly, we are got helmets and items we needed, and we were away. We chose to do a self-guided day, and this worked well for us. The pathways were amazing - beautiful and well-marked and maintained. We followed the river the whole time, travelling over several bridges, and stopping for lunch or coffee as needed. This is a wonderful way to see a beautiful city.Written 19 November 2023
- Bit of a long review this, but bear with me. I’m currently visiting Brisbane and the surrounding area, and I thought I’d try out the local go-karting places. I tried 5 in all - based on a quick search on google. Here is my review on all of them, based on value for money, customer service, track layout, kart performance, and overall karting experience. I go to quite a few karting places in the UK, so this review is more for those who have done a bit of karting before, rather than just getting into it.
I went to the following places within a few days of each other, and I’ve ranked them in the following order of preference - details below.
1) Slideways - Pimpama
2) Slideways - Nerang
3) Slideways - Eagle Farm
4) Kingston Park Raceway
5) Big Kart Track - Landsborough
1) Slideways Pimpama
The guys managed to fit me in on short notice, and were very slick with their race briefing and getting me on track. The track is quite technical and really fun to drive - a really good challenge. After my first stint, I asked the guys for some advice on the hairpins and I managed to shave over a second off my time. The karts are very responsive, and well set up.
Of the 5 tracks I tried, the pricing was pretty similar. The gold VIP package is good value.
Minor criticism. The karts lack adjustment for the driver, so I occasionally stepped on the brake pedal because I couldn’t move chair back any further. Other than that, really really good track that is super fun to drive. Staff were excellent. Recommended.
2) Slideways Nerang
This is the second ‘drift track’ that I’d visited (the first being Eagle Farm). It was a really cool and different experience. You have to drive completely differently to a ‘grip’ track, and it was good to try out a new driving style. Similar to at Pimpama, I asked the guys for some advice and was able to improve my time second time around (whoever the guy was that was at Eagle Farm and then Nerang when I was there, thanks for the great advice!). The track is really technical and a great to experiment on with driving styles on. I really enjoyed it.
Similar to Pimpama, the guys were able to book me in on short notice and I was on track pretty swiftly. One thing I liked, that you don’t see very much on in the UK, is the use of the blue flag. This was helpful as the tracks are relatively narrow and designed for drifting, so use of the blue flag was welcome.
I made this mistake of trying to drive it like a normal track. You can go much faster if you utilise the sliding, and use the brake like a handbrake. Lots of fun : )
The karts are limited in speed (you’ll be able to tell when you hit the limiter), but this isn’t necessarily a bad thing as I think any faster and there would be a lot more crashes, so well done on controlling that. The karts can be remotely shut down as well, which is something the UK only seems to employ on their electric karts - it’s a clever idea and was used well.
Minor criticism is as per Pimpama - more adjustment for the driver positioning would be welcome.
As per Pimpama, the karts I drove all seemed very consistent. And the value for money is the same for all Slideways. Very different experience from most karting places. If you’ve never done a drift track - give it a go.
3) Slideways Eagle Farm
Similar to Nerang, Eagle Farm is also a drift track, but it can be driven like a normal track if you use the brakes well. I hadn’t quite embraced going fast using drifting, so I drove it like a normal track that was just slippy and still got a good time. First time I’d been on a drift track and I loved the challenge of it. Having done Nerang, I’d love to go back and try again to see if I could go faster.
Staff were all super friendly and helpful. The reason I placed this third was because the Nerang track was more technical and more of a challenge, and you an go a lot faster at Pimpama, but it was loads of fun non-the-less.
4) Kingston Park Raceway
Kingston Park has a great track, with a huge straight and lots of challenging corners. The staff are friendly, and there’s places to eat hot food which was welcome. As per Slideways, the value for money was pretty good (the Slideways Gold VIP package being slightly better value overall), and the time to get to on track was very slick and well managed.
The bit that let Kingston down was the variability within the karts. Within the three sessions I had, my lap times varied widely. Given I’ve done more karting than most (I managed to make the daily/weekly leaderboard for nearly all the tracks I visited…so I’m not too bad!) so I’m pretty sure this wasn’t all down to me, and a fair chunk of it was largely down to the variability within the karts. The noises they made when at full throttle were noticeably different. Also, the pedals lack a lot of ‘feel’ compared to other karts I’ve driven. This let down what would otherwise be a great track to race on.
A small minor criticism is the computer screens were not showing the lap times after the race on the day I visited. I was informed that this was just a software update issue, so it probably isn’t representative.
All in all, a great track, good value, and friendly staff, but could be improved by making the karts more consistent.
5) Big Kart Track - Landsborough
The track in Landsborough is a really cool layout, with a nice big straight, and some really good corners. There are nice ‘runout’ areas to help you with the racing lines, and the karts seemed to perform consistently. However, I couldn’t tell you this for definite though because the laps were not timed. For me this is a cardinal sin for a go-karting track.
I was told there was an app to download that would track times after I’d already done my first stint, but it didn’t work for Android. Either way, the customer shouldn’t have to time their own laps - ever. This pretty much put a downer on the whole experience for me, because the rest of my laps were pretty futile. If they could put in a dedicated timing system, this track could start to challenge Slideways as the layout is great - nice and wide, could get some good racing going. However, as it stands, I wouldn’t bother.
Slideways seem to have things sewn up in regards to karting around here. Really well organised outfit, that does things well and has friendly, helpful staff that just want to help you have a fun/safe/fast time. Really impressed. I'd happy return to any of the three tracks - but Pimpama was my favourite, closely followed by Nerang.
The UK equivalent called TeamSport do some things that Slideways could learn from, and vice versa. Either way, both great outfits that make the go-karting experience really fun. If you’re going to spend you money on karting in the Brisbane area - go to Slideways. And if you happen to be visiting the UK - go to TeamSport. Some great tracks to have a go on.
One thing that all 5 tracks seemed to do was cater for younger drivers, with low powered karts and double seaters - which was nice to see.Written 25 August 2018
- Enjoyed it and was close to where I lived so very convenient and we seemed to be first on the reef as it didn’t take as long to get there weather was great which also makes it or breaks itWritten 20 November 2023
- The whole experience was fantastic. Em was a great guide and made it fun and easy to learn. The scenery was great (we went at night) and it was so much fun for our whole family - older teens and parents, nervous riders and confident ones. I would totally recommend this experience.Written 27 December 2020