7 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Just the best place to start when you arrive in Brisbane for a holiday. Staff are friendly and so knowledgable. Cannot thank them enough for their helpWritten 6 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not far from City at The Gap & on banks of Enoggera Reservoir you can visit Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre for small fee $20.90 for family of 2 adults & up to 2 children) & $5.60 concession. Because of dry conditions it isn't at it's peak, but there are still kangaroos, an emu, wombat (sign said he was on holidays last week!) in outdoor area, and underground there is a platypus rockpool & dunnarts, snakes, lizards etc to see. There are 2 feeding times to witness platypus, but he is a wild mammal & chose not to appear at 11am fed while we were there. It is well worth a trip. Green Tree Frog Cafe offers basic food & drink on site. You can go for a swim or kayak in Reservoir & there are several walks through the national park, but again, due to dry conditions some tracks may be closed.Written 2 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is in the Queen Street Mall and has much brochures, maps and very helpful staff. It is in the heritage Regent Theatre at 167 Queen Street and the helpful staff will book hotels and tours for youWritten 21 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice friendly place to help to find what's on and what to do as a visitor to Brisbane- my daughter wanted to see where her do was welcomeWritten 20 May 2017
- My first walk with the Brisbane Bushwalkers Club (induction walk) was a walk at Mt Coot-tha reserve starting at Grey Gums Picnic Area. We covered a few tracks including Eugenia Circuit, Simpsons Falls and Fairy Wren Circuit. It was an easy walk and leant itself well to the group stopping regularly and going through club rules, first aid / safety matters, club system for grading of tracks etc with the leaders.
The main thing I learned was the sheer abundance of trails through the Mt Coot-tha Reserve, which is Brisbane’s largest natural area covering 1500+ hectares of open eucalypt forest. There are short walks, long walks, walks with creeks/waterfalls and walks that have BBQ and picnic areas. I am now keen to get back and explore more of Mt Coot-Tha reserve.Written 15 January 2023
- its not everyday that you visit an information centre on a jetty. quite a beautiful area too explore. friendly staff in info centre itselfWritten 4 December 2017
- dont travel too late i.e. if your flight is after midnight and you are hungry theres not much choice where buying foodWritten 15 March 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Brisbane
- These places are best for visitor centres in Brisbane:
- Brisbane Visitor Information and Booking Centre
- Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre
- South Bank Visitor Information & Booking Centre
- Brisbane Airport Visitor Information Centre
- Visitor Information Centre